Mouse control

Nightgard

Hello,

I know there's a lot of threads about that but I feel like it's a very important issue for a lot of us and we need to be heard .

I just can't get used to the mouse system , why make a circle that block 90% of your cursor, the rest going through in a beautiful blue line.... that's just a weird idea seriously.

I often want to turn and , because I can't know quickly where my cursor is, it feels like my mouse is not working for a second.

Lack of reactivity for starfighter dogfights is a huge issue.

You could just put a blue reticle when the cursor is in the circle and it turns red when it's out. But forget the "double cursor" thing it's not right :rolleyes:

I mean it's really the first time I have trouble with this kind of gameplay.

thank you

Edited by Nightgard

lolwut?.. i don't get what you're saying, i have no problems following what's going on on-screen and following my reticules, though i think having the option to have a bigger cursor in the base game is a good idea, i don't get what you mean about it being hard to follow in GSF...

unless this is a veiled "i want Flight Stick Control" thread, in which case i use both Flight stick and mouse controls on Space Flight games... and i have to say, with external view, mouse is the better option, i have no problem with accurate flight using the mouse, it's no different than the control in Starlancer/Freelancer... just don't be heavy handed and learn a little finesse (i.e. don't slam your cursor off the edge of the screen to turn) and you'll find the mouse control to be very smooth and accurate...

Actually I believe he is right. When you move mouse outta your targetting cone, the crosshairs just stop on the edge even though you moved your mouse farther. You only get a barely visible pointer showing your real cursor position. That can indeed get a bit confusing in the fray.

So I support OP's thought, though I still managed to get used to what we have now and it does not cause me any problems anymore.

(i.e. don't slam your cursor off the edge of the screen to turn) and you'll find the mouse control to be very smooth and accurate...

Yeah I could try to do that but it's really not that natural., especially with high sensitivity .

I think they looked far too complicated for something very simple. It's not a simulation ofc so the mouse control is very welcome, but it's too sophisticated for what it is.

Like I said, having 2 cursors on screen if your mouse leaves the circle feels ... just weird :D

Edited by Nightgard

The thing is that the cursor in the center of the screen is where you're blasters are firing at. That won't leave the firing arc, which is that large circle in the center of the screen.

However I do think that the orange line and dot indicating your mouse cursor outside of the firing arc should be made brighter, bolder and overall more noticeable.