Why is my rail gun missing with accurate shots?

KarmaForce

I can't figure out why some of my shots that I'm 99% sure are aimed dead on just miss the target like it's not there

the accuracy is 103% and the slug railgun is fully upgraded. I even had the problem at 109% accuracy..

Is there still some chance for the railgun to miss? If so, what would that be and why?

Is it also possible for me to use the mouse to aim charge the shot and press a keyboard key to fire it without releasing the mouse button? I have issues sometimes when tracking a target a moving target. when I release the mouse to fire, I inadvertently move the mouse which hurts accuracy and turning down sensitivity isn't an option.

Opponents stacking

EVASION

It can be quite annoying, but for scouts you have to be a bit nuts to have any sort of defensive build other than evasion because evasion is so good right now when maxed out.

Connection latency can also be a problem, but for scouts, gunships, and some strike fighters evasion is more likely the answer.

Oops: forgot to answer the second part of the answer. I don't know. However, if you go to preferences, then use the starfighter commands/keybinds look for a keybind for firing secondary weapons. If there is a bind for that just rebind it away from the mouse (but be aware that it will also be the bind for firing missile in other ships).

Edited by Ramalina

First question - latency, evasion.

Second question - as guys above said, you can map the "fire" button to something on keyboard, that would not ruin your mouse movement. You can map two alternative buttons for the same action, so you can still have LMB for laser fire and something else for sniper shot. You'd have to hold that button to charge the shot though, not LMB.