The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro Comps - 4v4

Megatfx

Hey, just want to share some success with you guys I've had with Pyro and show you what has worked with me in 4v4 since 2.4 came out, I honestly haven't played AP since a week after my AP guide was written because I found out how strong it was:

The two comps I've run and maintain a 6-1 w/l ratio with is: (Only losing the occasional game to a top team on POT5 which we take games from as well. But overall maintaining a 6-1 w/l ratio since we started playing the two setups.

Shieldtech PT (Counters tank tunnel)

Pyro PT

Carnage Marauder

Medicine Operative

Pyro PT

Madness Sorc

Medicine Operative

Both are Pyro's strongest compositions IMO. The Pyro/Carnage duo burst is stronger than anything and the overall pressure of Madness Sorc/Pyro dots and burst is just unreal. AP and Smash are a thing of the past in 4v4 Arenas as anytime we see an AP or Smash we consider it a free win.

Try it out, with the right gear setup you're pretty much an unkillable monster.

I wear exactly 216 crit rating, then the rest FULL power with mainstat/power relic and I just kaboom everything. My damage is higher than any AP, Madness Sorc, or Smash I've come across. Seriously, it is just ridiculous.

You should be running a Jugg Tank instead, as they allow to set up burst kills better than a PT. First comp is arguably better, as well. Grats to finding the best comp in the game :p I ran triple Pyro for awhile before we got bored. We rick rolled everything. Edited by Luckeyduckey

Hey, just want to share some success with you guys I've had with Pyro and show you what has worked with me in 4v4 since 2.4 came out, I honestly haven't played AP since a week after my AP guide was written because I found out how strong it was:

The two comps I've run and maintain a 6-1 w/l ratio with is: (Only losing the occasional game to a top team on POT5 which we take games from as well. But overall maintaining a 6-1 w/l ratio since we started playing the two setups.

Pyro PT

Carnage Marauder

Medicine Operative

Pyro PT

Madness Sorc

Medicine Operative

Both are Pyro's strongest compositions IMO. The Pyro/Carnage duo burst is stronger than anything and the overall pressure of Madness Sorc/Pyro dots and burst is just unreal. AP and Smash are a thing of the past in 4v4 Arenas as anytime we see an AP or Smash we consider it a free win.

Try it out, with the right gear setup you're pretty much an unkillable monster.

I wear exactly 216 crit rating, then the rest FULL power with mainstat/power relic and I just kaboom everything. My damage is higher than any AP, Madness Sorc, or Smash I've come across. Seriously, it is just ridiculous.

Nice! Yes I have played Pyro in rated too and I found it incredibly powerful against a very good double sorc comp on our server. This is the reason I didn't think it needed the 30% AoE reduct buff you wanted because it is already so god damn powerful and it will make it completely OP. You still think it needs a buff or do you see where I was coming from now?

Could you share your gear please

94% Accuracy (so 0 accuracy rating), I run with 19% buffed range crit, but my two friends ran with a bit of crit (23% or so, buffed). I use one power crystal, matrix cube, augment for aim, and use high power medium aim mods (Power and Aim are fairly close to equal on the mods), and high surge high power enhancements. Rest into power and surge. I've gotten myself to 1500+ bonus damage with the matrix cube and full augged 67s, with the extra power crystal.

Also, in regards to the 30% aoe damage reduction, I would personally trade Degauss for that. The 30% DF rating is nice, but that AoE damage reduction is the only reason people sometimes hesitate when taking Pyro.

Edited by Luckeyduckey