So I got my first kill

unclejay

:D keep at it. If you want easy kills, sneak up on some Gunships ;) Too many people think they are FOTM and dont realise that they are very hard to play well.

To add if you do target gunships wait until they get that glowing aura indicating they are charging their railguns. Prior to doing that they may remain aware of any damage being done to them, once they start charging though they all seem to go into a tunnel vision that makes them oblivious to their surroundings which lets you get in a few more shots before they react.

I have been playing GSF now off and on and I will admit it I suck at it. I am happy though i finally got my first kill! hurray!!!!:D things are looking up!

Woo! Grats! I don't actually recall my first kill but I do remember being extremely happy for it... It's a jarring experience at first but as you get used to the admittedly rather clunky controls it only gets better and more fun :)

To add if you do target gunships wait until they get that glowing aura indicating they are charging their railguns. Prior to doing that they may remain aware of any damage being done to them, once they start charging though they all seem to go into a tunnel vision that makes them oblivious to their surroundings which lets you get in a few more shots before they react.

Good advice here for any strike fighter and scout player.

I can admit to that specific tunneling, but in fairness it works most of the time. You may get taken down, but you're taking someone down with you. Respawns are seconds away.

Hehe I also remember how I didn't have a clue in first few games, I was celebrating not kills, but every single hit!

A few hours later, I could kill enemies.

A few days later, I started to get more kills than deaths.

Now, I consider myself a good NovaDive pilot.

:)