CM ships

varietasplus

Which upgrade gives you 10% additional requisiotion?

Any ship with at least one fully upgraded component in every slot gains the equivilant 10% boost.

Of course, that takes a lot longer and is a lot less useful than with a CM bought ship since unless you're wanting to swap components around or sink cartel coins into converting to fleet (which sort of defeats the point of not buying the market ships to me) what do you need a boost to ship requesition for at that point, but there it is.

Edited by Bleeters

No, Pay 2 Win is converting ship req to fleet req with cartel coins, not buying a ship with 10 percent extra req that you'll get in your upgraded ship anyway.

Why would you want to convert ship req to fleet req? Any other reason than unlocking a new ship or companions?

Why would you want to convert ship req to fleet req? Any other reason than unlocking a new ship or companions?

I've flown and upgraded the Star Guard (default strike fighter) to the point where I decided I'd rather have 2 types of missile than two types of blaster and it's building up ship req from the intro/daily/weekly missions.

I already had 2.6K fleet req and didn't want to spend the time needed to build up 5K for the Pike so I converted 2.4K of Star Guard ship req to fleet req to unlock the Pike. It cost ~80 coins.

If I hadn't done that, the quickest way to earn that remaining 2.4K would have been to use each ships' daily bonus, which feels a bit too much like grinding to me. This way I can just continue to fly the ships I like and put the fleet req I earn from now on towards upgrading them (fleet req can be spent on anything, including upgrades for any ship).

Edited by Rigsta

No, Pay 2 Win is converting ship req to fleet req with cartel coins, not buying a ship with 10 percent extra req that you'll get in your upgraded ship anyway.

No, pay2win is when you are able to buy something that gives you a direct advantage with no equal available. This is what the OP was worried about: Did one of the purchased ships have a weapon you can't normally get.

TOR thankfully has no pay2win so far. Yea, if you pay you get xp faster, unlock new content, get faster requisition, can get more credits....but in the end, everyone becomes equal. The closest you can argue being pay2win is ROTHC level/content jump...but thats the norm for an expansion.