Scoreboard: Stupid Question

Sportiva

So when reading the scoreboard, your team is highlighted in green, the enemy in black/navy, and your stats are highlight in a blue ... is that correct?

If so, I think BW should highlight your personal stat line in red or yellow or something else that stands out.

Scoreboard means nothing anyway. The medals and stats are there purely to inflate your ego.

Unless you are chasing the Kills, Assists, Damage or MVP achievement the scoreboard isn't very important. except the Deaths category. Personally I look at my number of deaths in a round only.

Unless you are chasing the Kills, Assists, Damage or MVP achievement the scoreboard isn't very important. except the Deaths category. Personally I look at my number of deaths in a round only.

The Scoreboard is a feature of the game and my questions/comments completely stem from the fact that the board is very unintuitive to me in comparison to ground PVP Scoreboards. FWIW, you have no clue of my opinion as to stat-chasers versus objective-based GSF players.

Aside from the highlighting of the different teams, I think the biggest difference that bugs me is there is no way to tell what type of ships did what in the match. Obviously since players can switch ship types with each death, the functionality is forced to be different. But in ground PVP it is nice to be able to quickly determine what class a particularly player was and then check their performance. It would be nice if the scoreboard broke down what players did in each of their different ships.

The Scoreboard is a feature of the game and my questions/comments completely stem from the fact that the board is very unintuitive to me in comparison to ground PVP Scoreboards. FWIW, you have no clue of my opinion as to stat-chasers versus objective-based GSF players.

Aside from the highlighting of the different teams, I think the biggest difference that bugs me is there is no way to tell what type of ships did what in the match. Obviously since players can switch ship types with each death, the functionality is forced to be different. But in ground PVP it is nice to be able to quickly determine what class a particularly player was and then check their performance. It would be nice if the scoreboard broke down what players did in each of their different ships.

That would make the scoreboard HUGE and full of wasted information. To be honest, they should just remove it, say who has won, and show the req gain. SInce medals etc mean nothing, apart from showing who actually contributed, and who flew around aimlessly, theres no point having it there.

It should be like it is in normal PvP. When I read the GSF scoreboard I have a hard time finding my name. It's always the last one that I see. I'm always looking at the green names thinking I'll see my name but I never do, then I remember it's a dark color and end up scanning the enemy names. It's only until I scan the list a 3rd time that I see my name.

Also, they need to add a meter to show how long each player was in what type of ship. And on your own meter it should show how much requisition was earned for each ship.

This wouldn't take up a lot of space if done correctly. It would be one solid and fixed length colored horizontal bar that is broken up into different colored sections of varying lengths. Each color would represent a ship role. For your own meter, the amount of requisition per ship would be displayed in or next to each individual color on the bar.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

It should be like it is in normal PvP. When I read the GSF scoreboard I have a hard time finding my name. It's always the last one that I see. I'm always looking at the green names thinking I'll see my name but I never do, then I remember it's a dark color and end up scanning the enemy names. It's only until I scan the list a 3rd time that I see my name.

Also, they need to add a meter to show how long each player was in what type of ship. And on your own meter it should show how much requisition was earned for each ship.

This wouldn't take up a lot of space if done correctly. It would be one solid and fixed length colored horizontal bar that is broken up into different colored sections of varying lengths. Each color would represent a ship role. For your own meter, the amount of requisition per ship would be displayed in or next to each individual color on the bar.

I wholeheartedly agree, especially with the search for the name part.

I would also like the meter you suggested, though if implemented the way you've described it it could pose issues (or at least it may not be very efficient) when new ship classes were to be added to the game.