Objectives scoring

mattycutts

Ok i pride myself on focusing objectives but most matches i have 0.

i use gunship mainly, quite often working with a friend that uses scout or striker,

i take the turrets out, he goes in caps, we cap the base and they try to retake, i kill all their attackers and retain the base.

after that my friend has high objectives, i have zero, no defensive points for taking their attackers out, no obectives for destroying all 3 turrets, yet the turrets are a must to retake a base.

to most this may seem like nothing but i pride my self on being a team player and objective foscused and at the end just looks like im after kills which i dont seek out.

I think objective points come from simply being near a satellite(within cap range). I had some games with almost no damage or kills done because i spent the whole time orbiting a sat at close range and no enemies ever came, yet i got very high objective points at the end.

Objective points come from being close to a satellite you control, or take control of. I basiclly spent an entire game denying one point to the enemy (stayed neutral for a few minutes, until I got killed), then trying to recapture it, killing turrets and hugging it while survivng through enemy attacks, and I got 0 objective points at the end. Because we never owned that point.

yeah but the turrets are a must objective to secure the bases, so by destroying the turrets should be rewarded with objective points,

You already get medals for popping turrets separate to the objective points.

And if you really want to get objective points, jsut float your gunship slowly in to the node...

Being realistic, it's swings and roundabouts. You probably get just as much points in other ways as the poor schmoe getting dizzy 'cause he's circled the satellite so many times.

yeah but the turrets are a must objective to secure the bases, so by destroying the turrets should be rewarded with objective points,

You asked how to score objective points. You were given an answer.

Blowing up turrets gives you medals and requisition, not objective points. This is because the objective of a domination game is to capture and defend the satellite. Popping turrets helps that, but so does shooting other ships and leading them on a marry goose chase. You can pop turrets all day but the capture only happens when someone flies within 1k of it and survives long enough for it to switch over.

If you want objective points, sit on the satellite and defend it from incoming attacks. This is more dangerous than sitting 14k out and means you're not out hunting for kills.

The scoreboard/medal system really does need to be cleaned up a bit to be a bit more reflective on contributions and requisition earned from those contributions.

They could just change the name of that column from 'objective points' to 'defensive points,' but right now they're planning on adding other game types where the objective will not be holding a satellite.

Edited by MCaliban

I hover around killing gunships, so that a strike can go in to cap a satelite... and then I hover more for respawning gunships... I don't get objective points?

Sorry, that's the game now... hunt the gunship... capping Sats is what I used to do before Ion Railshots.