The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Companion: (Cyborg) Jaxo (Trooper Spoilers!)

Callaron

As the topic says; spoiler heavy for Troopers - if you haven't played one until Chapter 3 you may want to turn away.

I heard a couple of times that Jaxo was originally planned to be a Trooper companion, but that the idea was discarded before the game went live.

I've also seen it mentioned several times that a lot of players would've liked to have her as a companion - so I got to thinking how it would be possible to have her join the player character permanently, while still taking into account her horrible demise; provided you did the "right" thing.

The idea would be that she got "spaced", rather than obliterated when the operation went south and the Trooper chose to save the 300 soldiers rather than Jaxo.

While floating in the great black her body along with several others was recovered by some organization* and converted into one of their newest cyborg assassins.

This scenario would've played out a bit differently if the Trooper chose to save her, but it's still entirely possible since she takes off and goes lord knows where when she has her mental breakdown (PTSD/survivor's guilt) - which would make her an easy mark for the organization.

The players could then encounter her during a mission where they prevent her and several other cybernetic killers from assassinating a Senator/Moff.

They might not catch her right away, and they might have to track down and deal with the people responsible for the project - but the idea is that they eventually undo the brainwashing/conditioning and she ends up as a companion.

The above story would also make it possible for her to become a companion for any class, rather than just the Trooper** and it would give us a cyborg companion (which we don't have yet AFAIK!).

Jaxo's personality lends itself to both sides anyway - I could easily see her not wanting to return to the Republic after all that's happened.

I'd suggest not turning her into a complete machine though (à la Darth Skotia), and keeping her mostly human like the majority of cyborgs in SWTOR.

Thoughts?

* The Exchange and the Hutt Cartel are both good candidates for this.

** I really don't see them going through all that trouble just for one class.

Edited by Callaron