The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Treek OMG!

Cempa

I started leveling a new Sorcerer but this time I got Treek and I feel cheated because this is how Khem should have been...The little guy is amazing and has the stance buttons right there on my minimized action bar unlike all the other companion.

I feel cheated because I pay a sub and now I need to pay real money to get a companion I should have any way...

IThe little guy is amazing and has the stance buttons right there on my minimized action bar unlike all the other companion.
Huh? I'm going to avoid using the word" all", incase it should turn out that I'm forgetting someone, but "most" have some form of stance options. Granted that they can't go from healer to tank but you can lower their frequency of tanking and healing by putting them in a dps stance. Even the DPS companions have two stances.

I think he means it's on the small action bar as opposed to the expanded, making it easy to switch between the two.

That said... you don't have to pay real money to get it on your toons. Just buy a contract from the GTN. Got mine for 2mil.

You could use accumulated complementary Cartel Coins. Either that or pick up the contract from the vendor/GTN, then use cartel coins for the account unlock on collections.

Treek is quite a beast, but that's because she is both a tank and a healer. All other companions either have tank/dps, healer/dps or dps/dps stances, but Treek has a tank/healer stance, so she is a lot more effective than the other companions. Because of this, she is also a better tank .... she heals herself when holding agro and those heals help generate more threat. How can poor Khem compete with that?

I think he means it's on the small action bar as opposed to the expanded, making it easy to switch between the two.

That said... you don't have to pay real money to get it on your toons. Just buy a contract from the GTN. Got mine for 2mil.

Mercenary contract cost 1 mill and is sold by npc. ( 40 lvl legacy required ofc )

Gj, man!

• 3 months later...

I love treek, i mean i never see the point of using another companion while questing, the other companions are crap in comparison, if a player wants to heal, treek can tank, player wants to tank, treek can heal, if player wants to do dps, treek can tank or heal.

In the end, its a no brainer, i can live with the ewok noises for the very good combat companion.

I love treek, i mean i never see the point of using another companion while questing, the other companions are crap in comparison, if a player wants to heal, treek can tank, player wants to tank, treek can heal, if player wants to do dps, treek can tank or heal.

In the end, its a no brainer, i can live with the ewok noises for the very good combat companion.

This. The flexibility of her is amazing. Even with the shield generator and defense/absorb enhancements, she can still pocket heal me really well

Her plus dps companion of choice in case you want a change of pace for trash mob quests.

Another reason why Treek is better than Khem (and all storyline-granted companions) is that Treek's AOEs do not break CC, unlike regular companions.

See an elite on patrol that you need to whirlwind? With Treek, you just do it. With the other companions, you have to deactivate a huge chunk of their abilities so they don't break the CC (or uber micromanage them). That's a pretty big nerf for everyone else.

I wish Bioware would go back and give all companions Treek's non-CC-breaking AI. But then they might not sell as many Treek unlocks in the CM, so they won't do that. :(

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Another reason why Treek is better than Khem (and all storyline-granted companions) is that Treek's AOEs do not break CC, unlike regular companions.

See an elite on patrol that you need to whirlwind? With Treek, you just do it. With the other companions, you have to deactivate a huge chunk of their abilities so they don't break the CC (or uber micromanage them). That's a pretty big nerf for everyone else.

I wish Bioware would go back and give all companions Treek's non-CC-breaking AI. But then they might not sell as many Treek unlocks in the CM, so they won't do that. :(

Thats money for you.

I would prefer the capability of having companions there for story and nothing else, i know, i know, bioware games have always had companions with you, the difference between swtor and those other games besides the mmo thing is that on the other games you could use any combo of them and you could play the game fine, but on swtor, the companion choice tends to go by what spec you are, having 2 tanks or 2 healers or 2 dps do not work well, while 2 dps are do-able to a degree, but the downtime will be massive.

That is the problem that i wish they could have avoided.