New Juggernaut. DPS question

Yunc

Hi all.

I'm back to the game. Last time I played as a commando and now I want to try a melee. I'm looking for a lightsaber user, so Juggernaut and Assassins are my choices(my friend has a Marauder, so I dont want have the same class in a group)

Both can be dps and tank. I have been watching their skill and talents trees but can't decide.

So, please, can you tell me advantages and disadvantages of each class? dps single target, aoe, etc.

My main goal is do dps.

My opinion?

Juggernaut is awesome. It is powerful, unrelenting, terrifying, and absolutely commands the battlefield. You can Force Choke. Let's focus on that again - YOU CAN FORCE CHOKE THE HAPPY OUT OF PEOPLE BY THE NECK. You have single Lightsaber that wrecks the happy crap out of anything it lands on. You are filled with Rage, you seek Vengeance, you are Immortal.

Sith Assassin, on the other hand, is playable. Pick it.

Though I have a 55 assassin, I rarely play it, so I won't comment on that class. My main is a dps juggernaut. Jugg is a lot of fun and in rage spec you can put out a ton of aoe with smash. There's nothing like that feeling of leaping into a trash group of 4-5 mobs, doing one smash, and they all die. Single target, both assassins and juggs are near the bottom on the test dummy dps leaderboard thread, but I've found that jugg dps translates well into operations because most of the fights in Fortress and Palace have some adds. I think your choice should come down to whether you like the play style of a stealth class (assassin) or want the huge aoe burst potential of rage juggernaut.