I don't understand " ignore" or " bypass armor"

tortcat

Can a Dev, or anyone clarify this for me? I just don't follow what it means when a ability, like a railgun for example, totoaly ignores or bypass's the armor .

I mean You have shield, engine and Hull.

Now I could understand better if say there were components that got damaged individually , like a blaster or a railgun but we dont have that.

Your hull goes yellow then red then you die.

So what "does" ignore armor mean??

Ignore Shield, sure, that makes sense. As stuff passes thru and damages the hull.

But ignore armor?? I don't get it as armor does nothing but add hps to your hull.

Can anyone make sense of this for me please?

Thanks!

ignoring and/or bypassing armor means that the attack will do ignore the given amount of enemy damage reduction.

Their are hull upgrades for damage reduction instead of hp or evasion increases.

Edited by Nempo

Turrets have over 50% damage reduction (armor). The most significant use an armor-piercing weapon has is against turrets.

If there wern't so many common weapons with armor ignore you'd see more strikes with 30-40% armor. Right now it's kind of pointless since half the weapons ignore it anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.