Galactic Starfighter - One Team Starts Early

MCaliban

I joined a galactic starfighter game, when there was 50 seconds on the still on the count down to begin. After readying up, I chatted with the other players (so I know they were still waiting for the match to start) and when the countdown timer hit zero, I immediately got a message that two starbases had been captured by the other side.

Several teammates also commented on this happening and the other side immediately started gaining points.

I had this happen once as well, but I was the person that launched from my starship in Lost Shipyards. I launched and was like where is everyone, am I in a warzone all by myself so I preceeded to mid and captured the satellite (B) then proceeded to captured the satellite (A). All the while thinking I was in a warzone to myself, until I narrowly finished the capture I seen my entire team launch heading for C and B. The enemy launched for A and B but I was already satellite humping A by time they got there.

It ended in a three cap for most of the match, and afterward I asked someone in the match on my side what he had seen. He told me that they could see me flying toward B then toward A so they went for B and C since that is where the enemy would probally push as normal. He could see me flying on the map 30-45 seconds before the match even started. I honestly have no idea how it happened that I was allowed to play before the match, and thought maybe I got a bugged warzone of just me. I haven't been able to reproduce it so I assume it was a glitch, but not a bug.

I know more then once I have seen Republic sides capture satellites extremely fast before we can get far from are start area but always assumed they had seriously upgrqded ships. Since I have only experience the glitch once, all I can add is that when I entered the warzone I was already part of a raid group that just finished dread fortress and was going to try hardmode fortress in about 30 minutes. Without any further evidence I think it was a glitch for now but trust me if I can find a way to do it your definately going to see me esculate it to bug status and make sure the development team knows how it can be done so its corrected.