Waiting for a double defense Strike to be released

sentawan

The Flashfire has shield component boosts and armor. I want a strike with those two. I want to give up my second laser or missile to get the additional defense component. Running with one laser and missile and both shield and armor boosts is how I would love to play a strike (along with the current additional components that are included on both strikes currently).

The Flashfire has shield component boosts and armor. I want a strike with those two. I want to give up my second laser or missile to get the additional defense component. Running with one laser and missile and both shield and armor boosts is how I would love to play a strike (along with the current additional components that are included on both strikes currently).

i wouldn't give up my proton/cluster combo for the world :o

You shouldn't have to give up a major component to get a minor one.

You get 4 of 6 possible minor components:

Reactor (shield buff)

Magazine (weapon buff)

Thrusters (engine buff)

Armor

Capacitor

Sensors

So yeah, you could conceivably have

Armor

Reactor

Minor3

Minor4

If you read the text descriptions of the ships available to us, you can pick out key words which map to which minor components it will have.

Datamining earlier this year found the text descriptions for all fifteen ship variants. The third Strike variant description includes phrases like "powerful array of sensors", "heavier defenses", and "sacrifices speed and maneuverability".

So it is very likely that the third Strike will have Reactor, Armor, and Sensors. My guess is the fourth will be Capacitor. It also indicated that its "system" (i.e. ability #1) was something related to command and/or squadron coordination. The third Scout seems to have this as well, going by description. What is this ability? Who knows... but it needs to be substantially useful so as to negate the utility of laser or missile swapping ... at least for the Strike.

Alas, this third variant may not have Cluster Missiles. The description indicates its secondary weapons are focused around attacking objectives, which likely means it is limited to torpedos and rockets. :/

Alas, this third variant may not have Cluster Missiles. The description indicates its secondary weapons are focused around attacking objectives, which likely means it is limited to torpedos and rockets. :/

I would find this sad, as I often find that cluster missiles are my go-to for fighting faster, more maneuverable ships (read: scouts) in my Pike and Star Guard. That won't stop me from flying it, however - I enjoy the strike fighter playstyle.

You shouldn't have to give up a major component to get a minor one.

That's the thing... I want:

Armor

Capacitor

Magazine

Reactor

Thrusters

I'd be happy to replace a second weapon for a tanky load out that doesn't sacrifice firepower. However, I know this is a pipedream because of the 4 max minor components and, under my scenario, there would be no use for button "1". The only thing they could do is add a new tanky "Systems" ability, which may negate my want for 5 minor components.