Missle lock sound

tharbison

The beeping means someone is indeed attempting lock, but not ONLY missiles. Gunships aiming at you will also trigger this sound.

The constant buzz will happen when a missile is in the air. Also, at the top of your firing ring there will be a big red triangle.

Once a missile is away, absolutely nothing besides engine maneuver will save you. Missiles fly through asteroids and such:(

Also, sometimes you'll never hear a beep with a gunship. This means they were not aiming at you while charging, then fired the moment they were.

Typically, you should use your maneuver as soon as you hear the beeping. Its a fairly short cooldown, and some missiles lock on very fast and that person could be right behind you. However, note that I say this as a scout with barrelroll. Once I use barrel roll, I'm out of missile range, and can easily get much further away. So, I don't usually need to save up the ability, where slower ships might. Other ships can also more afford to be hit by the occasional missile, whereas it really hurts on a scout.