The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with maximizing my Cartel Coins

Toxicus

Hello all,

So recently I was able to purchase the $40 cartel coin package. This puts me at 7550 cartel coins. I have been going over what would the best way to maximize my spending of said coins.

I was thinking of buying Treek, but he is also for sale on the GTN at 2.75m. My legacy level is only 27, so buying him from the vendor is not an option, unfortunately. Also, I was thinking of buying a Hypercrate and reselling the packs to try and make creds. Another option someone mentioned to me, was maybe buying the Rocket Boost legacy perk.

So my question to you is, What do you think would be a good way to spend these coins and get the most out of them? Since I only recently came back, I do not know what items in the CM are worth the price. I don't care much for Cosmetic stuff, so anything that would get me more credits, more functionality, etc.. is what floats my boat.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT: I am a subscriber btw.

Edited by Toxicus

Rocket boots can be purchased in game with credits, and are a substandard version of a speeder (admittedly useful on starter planets though since you can use them from level 1) which disappears the moment someone targets you (NPCs included).

Hypercrates are probably the way to go.

The question is do you sell them unopened, which gets you more credits, or open them and sell what you don't want, which allows you to get better looking armour and weapons and maybe a decent adaptable speeder (or veractil mount). Only you can decide that.

I don't know much about the Hypercrates, just that they apparently sell well. I have heard some people say you would almost certainly make better cash just selling the packs off because sometimes you dont get your moneys worth.

The GTN upgrade for your ship is one of those things that's better bought with CC than with credits, if you are interested in it.

I think it costs 5 million credits to unlock OR you can pay around 900 CC.

Packs seem to sell for 340-400k each on my server(s).

Edited by Callaron

Which ship upgrade do you mean?

And what is OR?

Callaron actually told you, the GTN unlock, it puts a GTN kiosk (Galactic Trade Kiosk) on the ships of all your characters, it's under the legacy section of the character unlocks (same page as the rocketboots if I remember).

and an "OR" is a word that seperates two options, as in "have your cake OR eat it".

And what is OR?

A typo on my part. (Well, not exactly a typo - but I could've phrased it better)

Edited for clarity.

Callaron actually told you, the GTN unlock, it puts a GTN kiosk (Galactic Trade Kiosk) on the ships of all your characters, it's under the legacy section of the character unlocks (same page as the rocketboots if I remember).

and an "OR" is a word that seperates two options, as in "have your cake OR eat it".

Indeed. :)

GTN = SWTOR's version of an auction house.

Edited by Callaron

Other suggestions people were telling me, are the Fleet Pass upgrade. Is that better with CC or Creds?

and

Maybe one of the GSF ships?

Another question, do the Packs sell well? Or are they something that takes a while to get rid of?