The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help on Shield Absorption stat

MefuneAkira

Ok so according to this and this. My Absorption Rating should be at 0 for now. (55 VG)

I'm currently omw to get the 66 gear from the Oricon storyline, but like most of my gear Ive gotten recently, the stats are only Shield Absorption. (Not Defensive Rating or even Shield Rating)

So,

1. Is zero Absorb really what I should have at this point? Why? (Yes, I read the math, but too dumb to understand :p )

2. Am I supposed to swap mods in the Oricon gear to fit the stat priority formula?

Thanks for any help.

1. Is zero Absorb really what I should have at this point? Why? (Yes, I read the math, but too dumb to understand :p )

I guess they meant that you don't have to put extra absorption points to your gear (like from augments or by swapping mods). You will not have 0, and that's ok (if you have zero absorption, then shield is useless, right?)

2. Am I supposed to swap mods in the Oricon gear to fit the stat priority formula?

Artefact gear is pretty bad, min/maxing it doesn't make any sense, because you can get full basic comms gear (69) pretty fast. However, if you really going to swap modes (like buy gear using classic comms if you have a lot of it), the order is (as many times mentioned): shield rating -> shield absorb -> defense rating. To get better stats now, I'd recommend to just augment the gear with the shield rating augments, and grind for comms to buy basic gear (and participate in ops to get more balanced Arkanian gear).