Kill.Cam

Hitomo_x

we need a killcam ... seriously every game of this type has one ... also a Display wich weapon killed you

this is not for the one who got shoot, its for the one who did the kill

this is also a big issue when it Comes to visual customizations

at the Moment the visual appearence is tight to the components

you choose, but noone will ever choose one of those over the other

because of visual reasons ... the visual customization is nonexistent at the Moment aside the paintjob

on an imp-ship even the paintjob will never be recognized by enemy Players

so while I like to make my raven.bomber look good its totally worthless,

thats why we need a kill.cam

I'll pass on the killcam for vanity reasons thanks. I'd rather the guy who pulls off a sneaky attack be rewarded by staying hidden than have to constantly relocate because of killcam spotting. It's more interesting when finding enemies requires use of your rader and "visual scanning."

If you are so desperate to be different buy the blaster/engine stuff.

they are not pretty ^^

I know what you mean but I think giving away your position would be not

problematic in this game

Unless you're defending a sat where being able to ambush your enemies before they get there is essential or if your in a gunship or if you stealth killed someone while trying to take a sat (they relay exactly where you are) or in a scout where striking out of no where is essential to survival (for a few seconds on the killcam an enemy can track and relay your movements).

Sure it's not problematic like in FPS but there are enough situations where it would be detrimental to effective flying. I'd rather survive long term and not get vanity kill cam bragging than possibly survive for a shorter period of time (or at least have survival be more difficult) just so an enemy can see my spiffy paint job.

Let's be honest. Customization is a joke.

There are only four (five if you got early access) paint jobs available, and all those can be inverted. That's 8 (10) different color schemes.

Then you have laser and engine effects. Roughly 3 each. 9 possible combinations give or take.

And that's about it. All you have are paint jobs which is what a kill cam would allow you to show off. For vanity reasons that's not a lot of variety. Only 10 variations? Guarantee you someone else has the same paintjob.

If this is a thinly veiled attempt to get a lock on someone shooting you, might I suggest the R key when you take a hit and track them down after you know who killed you and what ship they were flying?