Which reactor are you using for scout ships?

Jordansc

I'm trying to decide which reactor to use for my flashfire.

Choices are :

Turbo (default) - shield regen delay decreased 24% fully upgraded to 60%

Regen - shield regen faster by 8% fully upgraded to 20%

Large - shield power pool increased by 8% fully upgraded to 20%

I'm mostly debating between Turbo and Large. Turbo helps get you in the fight quicker if you take a missile while dogfighting and boost away to heal up. But with stronger shields overall I feel like I might survive that random snipe from a sneaky gunship or stay in the dogfight long enough to shoot down all close enemy's and not have to run away.

Thoughts? And what are you using?

I'm trying to decide which reactor to use for my flashfire.

Choices are :

Turbo (default) - shield regen delay decreased 24% fully upgraded to 60%

Regen - shield regen faster by 8% fully upgraded to 20%

Large - shield power pool increased by 8% fully upgraded to 20%

I'm mostly debating between Turbo and Large. Turbo helps get you in the fight quicker if you take a missile while dogfighting and boost away to heal up. But with stronger shields overall I feel like I might survive that random snipe from a sneaky gunship or stay in the dogfight long enough to shoot down all close enemy's and not have to run away.

I personally use the default. The scout's shield regen rate is already pretty solid so for me i want to reduce the time between loosing shields and my shield regen rate

I use the large reactor on my Sting because it synergizes with the quick-charge shield cooldown, which I also use.

Edited by Laiov

I use the shield regen.

I feel you don't have enough of a shield pool to justify using the one that adds more to the pool.

The reason I don't use the one that lowers regeneration delay is based on theory. I have another mod that will keep shields regenerating at 60% while taking damage. *If* it works out the way I hope, my shields will never stop regenerating and there will be no regeneration delay, obviously.

Haven't put it into practice yet though, so try it at your own risk.

Large reactor. The ultimate weakness of the Scout is vulnerability to 1-shots and 2-shots. Bigger shield pool=better chance of escape.

There's a big difference between your hull going red after a direct full-charge Plasma railgun hit pierced the shield and left a nasty DoT and it staying in the yellow/orange area - especially if you run with a hydrospanner co-pilot. Combine that with 41% passive and over 100% active evasion (lightweight plating+distortion generator) and you have very, very solid chances of surviving, even if you screwed up and allowed yourself to get shot.

In my opinion, regen is better for Strikers and Gunships, because they can't lose chase as easily as Scouts to get breathing space.

The reason I don't use the one that lowers regeneration delay is based on theory. I have another mod that will keep shields regenerating at 60% while taking damage. *If* it works out the way I hope, my shields will never stop regenerating and there will be no regeneration delay, obviously.

Haven't put it into practice yet though, so try it at your own risk.

Tried that on my Strike Fighter - was sorely disappointed, tbh. But then again, quick-charge is better than charged plating, at least. Directional does look good on paper, but the cooldown on the switch just kills it for me.

Edited by Helig