A little starfighter feedback.

Hyde_v

Yes, I am liking the game. It looks nice, sounds nice, plays nice. Good stuff.

My only real gripe is "Player A killed Player B." "Player C killed Player G." That's not very "Star Wars-ian." Perhaps BW could change that to "Player A shot down Player B." "Player C blasted Player G." It's a minor suggestion.

Can I please rename my ships? Or add a name to them?

Future scenarios: Protect the capital ship! "We've located the Imperial / Republic ship *name name name.*" That ship is a prototype for a next generation battle cruiser. Com scans indicate the ship's main reactor is not fully online so it's weapon systems are not functioning yet and it's shields are being fed off secondary generators. Looks like they've spotted us. The ship is launching fighters to intercept us. If we can do enough damage, we can capture that ship before they activate their hyper drive. The fleet is on it's way. Engage those fighters and stop that ship!" It's one of the missions in the Star Wars Pinball game. Why not this one?

What? You mean, like, a story, and a PVE battle? We could, say, go out and try to stop a corvette or something. But that's just crazy talk. I'd love to see some story/PVE missions, would vastly improve the whole experience in many different ways.

Well, I didn't mean PvE specifically. But it could be done that way. I was thinking more of a PvP situation. One side defends the capital ship while the other tries to take the capital ship's shields down; the shields regenerate but without the main reactor online, not as fast. If the shields drop to zero, you can blast some damage on to the ship. Reach a certain threshold of damage and the ship cannot hyper drive out and the opposing fleet can capture the vessel. Keep the guns ships off the capital ship long enough and it can escape.

Yes, "Player A killed Player B" just does not work for me.

I support renaming our ships fully, it would be nice to name my ship "Ace" or "Defender" or something (yeah those are lame names but I will figure out an awesome one eventually), also, the shot down part is not major but still I see no fault in implementing that. +1

Well, I didn't mean PvE specifically. But it could be done that way. I was thinking more of a PvP situation. One side defends the capital ship while the other tries to take the capital ship's shields down; the shields regenerate but without the main reactor online, not as fast. If the shields drop to zero, you can blast some damage on to the ship. Reach a certain threshold of damage and the ship cannot hyper drive out and the opposing fleet can capture the vessel. Keep the guns ships off the capital ship long enough and it can escape.

Yes, "Player A killed Player B" just does not work for me.

Based on the rumor mill there is a new mode coming next year where you have to destroy the enemy capital ship. Can't say for sure exact what we are getting but we do know there are additional other modes coming.