Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Emperor-Norton's Guide to Watchman

Emperor-Norton

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The answer is simple: nobody bothered to spend the time to get that lucky parse and use inspiration at 30%. My guildie and I are using it at under 30% and when one of us had 66% critical on dispatch, we hit 11ks. Our damage increased so fast it was shocking. He topped off at 4210 while I topped off at 4175 due to lower crits. Our gear is far from BIS and we use sentinels as alts. I posit that inspiration under 30% gives better results than in the beginning if your two dispatches crit during its duration( zen+adrenal+inspiration trio).

It makes for a nice phase of peak damage, no doubt about it. But the question is: Does it outperform maximum useage of Centering stacks throughout the whole parse? Mind you: If you're prestacking you're going to have to let Valorous Call unused for a few GCDs if you're only going for Zen in the opener. And then you're delaying it again in Sub30% phase to synchronize with Adrenal. I'm pretty sure by now that every second of unused Centering stacks are just bad.

Is this guide still relevant for 2.8?

Some things have changed with regards to exact focus costs for rotations, but everything is basically the same principle wise. I don't really have the desire/will/time to go back through and edit it for the changes. Especially since my sub runs out in a week or two and I doubt I will decide to renew it. I may be back for an expansion (aka new PvE Content), and that may have some nice changes that would warrant me going through to change it.

Since I got on the topic of Expansions... I would really like to see Merciless reverted to it's orginal focus requirement of 5, since the >30% phase is so boring without it. While a return of the old PvE 2 Piece Bonus in some way (So Dispatch requires 2 but uses 1) would help make the execute phase more smooth. I actually tried the execute phase using the old set bonus and oh my was that smooth.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.