Firing Arc or Accuracy?

Ginwho

Accuracy. If you are in a small fighter, then you should have the skills to control the ship anyway. Accuracy gives you more DPS, as even if you are exactly over the target on a stationary player, you still have a chance to miss. Such is the RNG of a RPG.

This. Boosts to the firing arc are minor at best. Besides, if you lack the ability to hit, the size of the firing arc becomes irrelevant.

Depends if you use blasters more or missiles more. Missiles/torpedoes depends on firing arc and especially handy on proton/thermite torpedoes. Accuracy is for blasters/railguns- basically anything that require fine aiming to hit.

Depends if you use blasters more or missiles more. Missiles/torpedoes depends on firing arc and especially handy on proton/thermite torpedoes. Accuracy is for blasters/railguns- basically anything that require fine aiming to hit.

Oh....Ok....firing arc applies more to missiles. That makes sense. It is annoying when you've got someone that's squirrelly and you're trying to get a missile lock on them. I guess I'll have to buy the other co-pilot to test out the firing arc buff. I use blasters most, but missiles really help you finish them off...that and increasing power to your blasters too. That combo is the best.

The best unlock that I've unlocked so far is the drone. I've been on the other end of that, and I've used it and it's just amazing! The other ship is basically helpless. You can't out fly or outmaneuever.....you're in bad shape if someone has launched a drone on you!

I just did the HK quest for the 2 degree firing arc increase.

2 degrees doesn't sound like much, but on targets 7-10 km away, it's huge. Protons are much easier to acquire locks now, and concussions are valid on literally half the screen.

I just did the HK quest for the 2 degree firing arc increase.

2 degrees doesn't sound like much, but on targets 7-10 km away, it's huge. Protons are much easier to acquire locks now, and concussions are valid on literally half the screen.

Thanks for that, I'm going to definitely buy that crew upgrade and try it.

Just to note, missiles should only really be used as a finisher, or something to make the enemy jump while you are at range. Overall, accuracy is much better than a firing arc. However, if you have the req to spare, theres no harm buying it so you can switch layouts and test them to see which you prefer.

So I looked at the effects of Rapid Reload, and it knocks Protons down from 12 seconds to 11 seconds. Concussions down from 6 seconds to 5.5 seconds. Clusters down from 3 seconds to 2.8 seconds.

Since you're not spamming Protons or Concussions, and the reduction on Clusters will be pretty small due to low base value, I'm thinking "Why not both?" Take Jaesa and get the increased firing arc AND accuracy.

Even on my missile boat I still fire a lot of blasters.

Edited by Arlanon

So I looked at the effects of Rapid Reload, and it knocks Protons down from 12 seconds to 11 seconds. Concussions down from 6 seconds to 5.5 seconds. Clusters down from 3 seconds to 2.8 seconds.

Since you're not spamming Protons or Concussions, and the reduction on Clusters will be pretty small due to low base value, I'm thinking "Why not both?" Take Jaesa and get the increased firing arc AND accuracy.

OK, now that sounds even better. Who else do I need to get both those, just Jaesa and then buy Rapid Reload? Is the Rapid Reload and upgrade to all missiles or is it specific to a certain missile or is for something else? Thanks!

Firing arc really depends on your ship. Remember you suffer an accuracy penalty for each degree you aim your blasters off of dead center. So having a larger firing arc isn't necessarily helpful with blasters since you'll likely suffer a bad accuracy penalty at those outer edges.

If you're taking firing arc to expand the lock on area of your missiles then that makes sense but not if you're taking it for an expansion to the blaster's firing arc.