New DPS Merc Tree: Electromagnetic-Pulse

Fusillade

After I read some of the posts from Dev Eric's Post on suggestions for Merc changes, I decided to think completely outside the box and come up with my own tree.

Why not a new tree? I can dream. I believe there are many more creative things that can be done with this class:

Electromagentic-Pulse Tree (Sheet 2)

Summary: This tree is anti-stealth oriented. The Merc's now has a new EMP Cylinder where his blaster attacks attach EMP stacks along beams that extend 20m past the target and are 5m wide. The EMP Cylinder spreads damage debuff stacks and can be utilized to detect stealthed as well as massive aoe damage.

Skill Boxes:

Tier 1

• Increase all the damage of all blaster fire, Rapid Shots, Power Shot, Unload and Railshot by [2/4/6%]. 0/3
  • Reduces the pushback of Power Shot, Unload, and EMP Discharge by [35/70%]. 0/2
  • Increased Melee Defenses by [6/12/18%]. 0/3

Tier 2

• Increase Ranged/Tech Accuracy by [2/4/6%]. 0/3
  • Electromagentic-Pulse (EMP) Cylinder: The Mercenary's pistols are now charged with electro-magnetic-pulses that extend the blaster fire and widen them into beams called EMP Beams. Each shot from Rapid Shots, Railshot, Powershot, and Unload extends its length past the target by 20m and increases its width by 5m. Any target within the EMP Beam is struck with an EMP stack that lasts 3 seconds. Each EMP stack intereferes with tech and mitochlorine levels such that all Ranged/Tech and Melee/Force attacks are reduced by 5% per stack of EMP. 0/1
  • Increased Ranged Defenses by [6/12/18%]. 0/3
  • Increases Stealth Detection by [1/2] and increases EMP pulse stealth detection by [1/2m]. 0/2

Tier 3

• EMP Beams now have a [50-100%] chance of hitting stealthed enemy targets. 0/2
  • Each EMP blaster fire beam now does damage. Every gained EMP stack now instantly does [1-2%] of max health. This damage cannot be evaded, absorbed or reduced by armor. 0/2
  • Bantha Prod: The Mercenary Zaps the target with a Bantha Prod dealing 1800-2250 damage and causing the target to be immobilized and spin 540° for 2 seconds. Range: 5m Cost: 25 Heat Activation: 1 second Cooldown: 15 seconds 0/1
  • Railshot can now be fired on targets with EMP stacks. 0/1

Tier 4

• Any attack Energy Shield absorbs now reflects an EMP stack to its attacker. This cannot occur more than once per second. 0/1
  • Reduce the heat cost of Bantha Prod by [3/6] heat. 0/2
  • Bantha Prod now gives 1/2 stacks of EMP to its target. 0/2
  • The Mercenary Vents [1/2] heat for each EMP stack that decays. 0/2

Tier 5

• Reduces the cooldowns of Unload and Railshot by [3/6] 0/1
  • No Holds Bar: Temporarily allows the Mercenary to use any channeling or activating EMP Beam abilities on the run for the next 10 seconds. In addition, each EMP Beam ability now adds an additional stack of EMP and damage from EMP Beam abilities is reduced by 25%. Cost: 25 Heat Duration: 10 seconds Cooldown: 30 seconds 0/1
  • No Holds Bar now increases the Mercenary's movement speed by 50% 0/1
  • No Holds Bar now increases the Mercenary's accuracy by 50% 0/1

Tier 6

• Any stealthed enemy found by stealth scan are now immobilized for [1/2/3] seconds and gain [1/2/3] stacks of EMP. 0/3
  • Stealth Scan increases its scanning radius by 10m and its range by 10m. 0/1
  • Increases the Armor Pentration of all EMP Beams by [5/10/15%] 0/3
  • Each time an EMP stack does damage, an EMP pulse with a 3m radius exposes any stealthed enemy. 0/1

Tier 7

• For each successful Power Shot, the Mercenary gains a stack of In My Sights increasing Armor Penetration by 5% for each stack. At 3 stacks of In My Sights, the next Power Shot costs no heat, has no activation time, has 100% chance to be a critical hit, and stacks one additional EMP for any enemies in the Power Shot's EMP Beam. 0/1
  • At 3 stacks of In My Sights, EMP Discharge cannot be interrupted. Using EMP Discharge in this manner uses up all 3 stacks of In My Sights. 0/1
  • Increases the duration of EMP Stacks by [1/2] seconds for each stack of EMP on the target. 0/2
  • Unload now provides 2 additional stacks of EMP on the 2nd and 3rd ticks. 0/1

Tier 8

• EMP Discharge: The Mercenary charges up to do a massive attack in a 12m radius circle surrounding the Mercenary. Any targets within the EMP Discharge radius lose all their EMP stacks. Any EMP stacks lost this way does 3% of max health for each stack lost. This damage cannot be evaded, absorbed or reduced by armor. The Mercenary vents 2 heat for each EMP stack used up during the EMP Discharge. Cost: 10 heat per second Channeling: 4 seconds Cooldown: 30 seconds 0/1