The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Face Only Masks

Raistalion

What I would love to see is some masks which are designed or redesigned to cling to the face only rather than possessing the black-rubber hood that the game often uses (such as beneath the Revan Mask or the Trophy Hunters Mask).

These face-only helmets would be perfect for characters wanting to retain their "hair" and especially valuable to those Twi'lek players who must either hide the head-slot or suddenly become Lekku-less. Though clipping was probably the reason such decisions to have an under-mask were originally made, their are so many items that already clip, including many of the helmets that do allow Lekku to stick through.

The game already possessed items like these (such as the fortified electrum and peacekeeper head items) on the republic side, but their isn't much for those on the Imperial front to use. These items are essentially "eyewear" but should illustrate that you could include larger half and full-face masks without the need to have a full head covering.

Personally I would love to see a Mandalorian Visor type face-only mask so that my Twi'lek Bounty Hunter can feel like the clan she has been adopted into without also feeling like she had suffered a serious head injury and brain damage when her Lekku vanish.

- Raith

p.s. On the subject of Lekku, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the various Lekku binding head-dresses you see throughout the Star Wars universe make an appearance somehow, maybe as cosmetic options for the twi'lek species, like the updates skin/hair colours?

Edited by Raistalion