dllhost.exe (com surrogate)

Zandoezan

I am not sure if this qualifies for a bugg per se, but as i do not know where to ask, I will try here.

Everytime for the last 3 weeks at random stages when I play SWTOR i notice that my pc performance drops and the game stutters. I have originally thought it was server lagg but it is extremely aggresive stuttering.

Ive opened my Task Manager and found dllhost.exe to be running and my memory was maxing out around 96% usage. Ive googled it and found it was an important service that needs to run to the stability of Windows 7 and it's dll's.

I also did a virus scan in safe mode and it did find to my suprise, 3 viruses and removed them completely.

Currently i do not run any other application or program when playing the game, not even my browser as to make sure nothing else could interfere or activate the dllhost process, which if you set it's priority to "low' it then stops and you can carry on playing. If you "end" the process it just starts up again. Ive not noticed it does not run at other times, only when I start up SWTOR, but as i said not always it seems ( i will need to confirm this)

Anyone else experienced this ?

I also did a virus scan in safe mode and it did find to my suprise, 3 viruses and removed them completely.

Many anti-viruses claim that they removed all of the virus, but they did not. Try Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool in safe mode to see if there are any left.

SWTOR is known to use more memory as the game progresses (i.e. the "memory leak.") Developers have stated that they are working on it, but memory leaks are VERY hard to fix.

If you are still having problems with your system and SWTOR, post in the Customer Service forum. This forum is for bugs within the game, not how the game interacts with your system.