Newest update causes computer to crash

kewlbeanz

After the space battle(s) update, every time I try and play my computer freezes, and then displays a message saying my AMD graphics card stopped working but recovered. It does this repeatedly until SWTOR is closed. (The launcher works, and only beings to freeze after i click play and the actual game window appears.) Any hints on fixing this? Im guessing just wait for a few days for additional bug fixes to be added. :mad:

i am having a similar problem since the last update...however my pc does not show any error report ....my pc just freezes before the opening screen, the only way I can get round this is to ctrl - alt - del and start task manager which then shows swtor running, so I then close task manager which allows me to go back to the game only to be confronted with unable to access server due to maintenance click on ok and re-select server then it logs in....not very good for subscribed game

hope this is sorted soon

I am having a similar problem. After opening the launcher, signing in and clicking play, I make it to the Galactic Starfighter loading screen and then my computer goes back to desktop and says that SWTOR isn't responding. The only way I've been able to play since the update is to keep trying until I get through ( for some reason if I just keep trying, it eventually works ). I'm remaining optimistic that this will be resolved soon.

Did you guys try the troubleshooting steps in the Customer Service forum? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=498597

Or deleting the BitRaider folder in Program Files/SWTOR to repair it?

For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

I can run the newest update on my computer with AMD Radeon Dual Graphics.

Might want to post this there, since this is a problem with your system and SWTOR, not a bug with the game.

Edited by Bstr

Same thing for me, so I've canceled my sub until I can get this fixed. No, that isnt a rage quit, I just dont want my sub auto-renewing because I forgot about it if I cant get this resolved. That said, I've updated my drivers, and every other game I play still works great. I would actually recommend that anyone who has this issue cancel their sub just so you can fill out the form telling them why you canceled. If you get the issue fixed you can always resubscribe, so no loss for you. But filling out those cancelation forms will get their attention better than just posting here on the forums. Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Same problem.

First loading screen, screen driver keeps crashing and restoring until I kill swtor.exe process.

Once this has been done, the game can launch fine until PC is rebooted, then you repeat the process.

But really, something is seriously wrong.

Tried repair, not any help.

Won't try anything else, because this is BW's error.

• 1 month later...