Lame idea

CriticalFlame

So the other day i was thinking about how a 3rd fraction in the game would be like...And then the Rebellion popped into my head. It's like this fraction that's neither Empire or Republic aligned, but still has the issue of dealing with both of them and they want to get rid of them.

I'd really like something like that in a possible new expansion. Along with a new class, few new planets and Jawa as playable species...

What do you guys think?

There are potentials in the game for that...like the secret group the IA encounters, or even the Hutts, like they had for the Makeb dailies.

Personally the secret society has more interest to me. If they were going to have a Hutt Cartel, they should let us play under that umbrella...and have classes that are specific to Hutt culture. I'd even love to play a Hutt. I totally would.

I'd love to see new things like this too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, because this company only likes to make things that they can make money from, like cash shop crap...$30 tauntauns, $20 single use dyes etc.

If it requires actual effort...like writing a new class and story, or extending the older classes' stories, they can't be bothered. But hey, never say never. Heh.

Edited by Lunafox

So the other day i was thinking about how a 3rd fraction in the game would be like...And then the Rebellion popped into my head. It's like this fraction that's neither Empire or Republic aligned, but still has the issue of dealing with both of them and they want to get rid of them.

I'd really like something like that in a possible new expansion. Along with a new class, few new planets and Jawa as playable species...

What do you guys think?

I don't understand what fractions or any other sort of math has to do with this. :t_eek:

But... the Hutt Cartel is the other faction. We just don't get to play as them.

There are a number of suggestions on this, with the most popular being a Hutt-controlled or "Underworld" faction. While I think the idea is pretty well supported, there are a number of issues to work through, the first of which is the geography problem: Where would a third faction run their quests from? Many planets simply don't have room for another capital and side quests, or use a geometry that doesn't support a third faction (the "split" areas of Oricon, Black Hole, Section X, Ilum)

If they opt to truly embrace the "underworld" nature of this suggestion, its possible they could use decentralized or "stealth" bases (eg: Your "base" on Tattoine is a secluded shuttle landing in the Dune Sea). However, it would be a lot of map work, and that's just the first challenge.

I'm all for it, but I wouldn't expect to see it outside of a $30 expansion.

Along with a new class, few new planets and Jawa as playable species...

No to playable Jawas (or Ewoks, or Dugs, or Yoda-Species). First, most people want Jawas because they would look silly in lore-breaking ways. I'd rather SWTOR stay away from mocking its universe. Second, it breaks lore in a number of very blatant ways (even more than other races). A Jawa captain of Havok Squad makes no sense. A Jawa Sith Warrior or Inquisitor directly contradicts a Tattoine quest, and slightly less so in the case of Jawa Jedi. Third: The other big reason people want them is to exploit the targeting size in PvP. To prevent this exploit, I'd prefer to see only normal sized player models. I could be fine with Selonians, but no smaller.

If you just want to daydream, then more power to you....but I'm sorry to inform you that you're talking about things that are highly unlikely to ever be introduced into the game. The devs have said repeatedly that they have no intention to introduce a 3rd faction. The entire game is structured around two competing factions. They aren't going to overhaul the entire game structure to insert a 3rd faction. The devs have also said repeatedly that the only playable species will be normal-sized and speak Basic. Examples of species we won't see as playable species are Wookies and Jawas. An entire new class is also highly doubtful as they would have to develop all new class stories for levels 1-50 for that class and they aren't going to do that. It would be much more likely that you'd see new advances classes as opposed to entirely new classes.