PT/VG are not OP, really?

Osoygatitalove

Look, jokes aside, i hope you understand damage reduction is what makes PTs OP, they have wayyyyyy too many passive defensive skills that reduce the damage they take to ridiculous proportions.

Stuff like Rebounder and Stabilized was likely intended to be run in HE cell.

Right now an APTech running in Ion is losing on a lot less than a Jugg or a Sin running a tank stance in a DPS spec.

Edited by Helig

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff like Rebounder and Stabilized was likely intended to be run in HE cell.

Right now an APTech running in Ion is losing on a lot less than a Jugg or a Sin running a tank stance in a DPS spec.

Maybe cause full shield tech isn't viable for pvp and never has been.

Oh and a sin loses 0 mechanics wise, just damage like AP in ion cell.

Keep it coming, I'll get some more popcorn!

Maybe cause full shield tech isn't viable for pvp and never has been.

Keep it coming, I'll get some more popcorn!

I suppose Surging Discharge, Induction and Electric Ambush are pretty insignificant then. They're "just" damage, after all. I'll be taking the popcorn, thank you very much.

Edited by Helig

lol wut, force breach on combat stance is fluff damage, on shadow stance on the other hand....

Shadows dont get as much damage reduction as ion cell, i have a fully geared obroan tank set, 36% damage reduction is the max i get + 30% aoe reduction on dark maul. In no way as close to PT/VG. we dont have stun damage reduction, if we fight smashers/force users/dot classes they will laugh in our faces when we pop our shield.

And 3 seconds resilience that is not even working 100% of the time?

cmon,:rolleyes: :rolleyes: dark maul is not even half OP as PTs

Edited by Osoygatitalove

I suppose Surging Discharge, Induction and Electric Ambush are pretty insignificant then. I'll be taking the popcorn, thank you very much.

Just damage skill points i see there, still nothing utility wise.

So why don't you hand over that popcorn cause you won't need it.

Just damage skill points i see there, still nothing utility wise.

So why don't you hand over that popcorn cause you won't need it.

Who needs half of your burst when you can have 35% passive damage reduction, right? The popcorn is mine.

Who needs half of your burst when you can have 35% passive damage reduction, right? The popcorn is mine.

So you know you failed on your last argument so you come up with something new.

And a sin tank has no passive dmg reduction.

A sin hyrbrid tank has no burst either.

Keep it coming, haven't had this much fun all day and I thought my day couldn't get any better.

Keep it coming, haven't had this much fun all day and I thought my day couldn't get any better.

a sin TK has no passive damage reduction, if you are looking for 30% aoe reduction thats high in the infitration tree, and if you are looking for stun damage reduction thats higher in the balance tree.

A sin hybrid playing infiltration and using tank technique (dark maul) has a good shadow strike and project but thats it, no breaching shadows, no force breach burst,

Not really. Poor reading comprehension on your part isn't my problem.

A Sin tank uses a shield, gimping Force damage. Sin tank mitigation largely comes from shielding, compensating for weaker passive mitigation.

Because Energize procs are great burst, right?

This arrogant attitude of yours doesn't really go all that well without at least basic knowledge. Gimme that popcorn.

Not really. Poor reading comprehension on your part isn't my problem.

A Sin tank uses a shield, gimping Force damage. Sin tank mitigation largely comes from shielding, compensating for weaker passive mitigation.

Because Energize procs are great burst, right?

This arrogant attitude of yours doesn't really go all that well without at least basic knowledge. Gimme that popcorn.

AP PT in ion cell ussually runs with a shield aswell, gimping tech damage. AP PT damage reduction comes from armor wich does nothing against internal and elemental and energy rebounder doesn't absorb that much damage either.

Because everyone stands in flamethrower, right? Especially in competitive arena all 4 enemy players perfectly stack up so you can hit them all and no one will use any of their tools to get out of it or to stop your channeled cast.

This ignorant attitude of yours doesn't really go all that well without atleast basic knowledge. No popcorn for you sir.

a sin TK has no passive damage reduction, if you are looking for 30% aoe reduction thats high in the infitration tree, and if you are looking for stun damage reduction thats higher in the balance tree.

A sin hybrid playing infiltration and using tank technique (dark maul) has a good shadow strike and project but thats it, no breaching shadows, no force breach burst,

Yeah and the AP PT in ion cell loses out a lot on heat management, autocrit railshot 15% movement speed and 11% damage baseline and fully relies on flamethrower for damage wich is easaly avoidable.

Balance with all it's internal damage complaining about armor, you made my day.

AP PT in ion cell ussually runs with a shield aswell, gimping tech damage. AP PT damage reduction comes from armor wich does nothing against internal and elemental and energy rebounder doesn't absorb that much damage either.

Because everyone stands in flamethrower, right? Especially in competitive arena all 4 enemy players perfectly stack up so you can hit them all and no one will use any of their tools to get out of it or to stop your channeled cast.

This ignorant attitude of yourstic doesn't really go all that well without atleast basic knowledge. No popcorn for you sir.

im almost sure damage reduction actually reduces all types of damages. Nevertheless, assuming it doesnt reduce internal and energy, please tell me how many classes use those? the only energy attack i know its called dispatch, and internal damage is pretty much balance sage/shadow, one paper class and one broken class with no force management.:rolleyes:

Just checked, damage reduction reduces all types of damage but in different proportion, armor provides extra reduction against energy/kinetic.

Internal damage is used by how many classes again? and how many classes that are elemental damage dependant do you know..... rly, you complaining you have 70-80% reduction on the vast majority of high damage attacks and you cant adress the fact no other class can hold like a PT?

Edited by Osoygatitalove

This ignorant attitude of yours doesn't really go all that well without atleast basic knowledge. No popcorn for you sir.

Bolded for fail. Good day, Sir. Haven't met a single high-rated VG/PT who runs shield in a DPS Ion setup. Shield is nigh-useless without Shield/Absorb gear, and is definitely a holding back factor for dongcleave/dongzap loadouts/setups.

We have nothing further to discuss.

Edited by Helig

im almost sure damage reduction actually reduces all types of damages. Nevertheless, assuming it doesnt reduce internal and energy, please tell me how many classes use those? the only energy attack i know its called dispatch, and internal damage is pretty much balance sage/shadow, one paper class and one broken class with no force management.:rolleyes:

Just checked, damage reduction reduces all types of damage but in different proportion, armor provides extra reduction against energy/kinetic.

Internal damage is used by how many classes again?

Dear god, u people don't know anything about game mechanics but u jump on here and start b****ing about about stuff. Damage reduction from armor only applies to "white" damage (that is energy, kinetic, weapon). It doesn't apply to the other damage types such as internal or elemental (stuff that looks like fire or electricity). All the advanced classes use a mix of these types of damage although some more than others. Be careful here, theses are damage types which are different from attack types.

Additional note: in some of the skill trees they offer things like, "Reduces ALL damage taken by 1/2%." These are very good, they reduce damage from ALL types (jus like the note says).

Ok, there are really only 2 attack types but the use 4 different names, melee/ranged and force/tech. To counter melee ranged attacks u have defense and to counter force/tech attacks there is resistance (other than the shadows resilience there is no resistance in pvp). Defense/resistance reduces you chance to be hit but it doesn't reduce any damage u take if you get hit. Also, the reason resilience doesn't always work is because it only increases resistance by 100% so if ur opponent has any accuracy there is a small chance resilience won't block it.

Ok, hold onto ur britches, the whole shielding thing is really gonna f u up. Since the changes of 2.0 the shield works against all attack types that do white damage (before it was only melee/ranged attacks that did white damage).

Well now that you're informed continue your b****ing.

Dear god, u people don't know anything about game mechanics but u jump on here and start b****ing about about stuff. Damage reduction from armor only applies to "white" damage (that is energy, kinetic, weapon). It doesn't apply to the other damage types such as internal or elemental (stuff that looks like fire or electricity). All the advanced classes use a mix of these types of damage although some more than others. Be careful here, theses are damage types which are different from attack types.

Additional note: in some of the skill trees they offer things like, "Reduces ALL damage taken by 1/2%." These are very good, they reduce damage from ALL types (jus like the note says).

Ok, there are really only 2 attack types but the use 4 different names, melee/ranged and force/tech. To counter melee ranged attacks u have defense and to counter force/tech attacks there is resistance (other than the shadows resilience there is no resistance in pvp). Defense/resistance reduces you chance to be hit but it doesn't reduce any damage u take if you get hit. Also, the reason resilience doesn't always work is because it only increases resistance by 100% so if ur opponent has any accuracy there is a small chance resilience won't block it.

Ok, hold onto ur britches, the whole shielding thing is really gonna f u up. Since the changes of 2.0 the shield works against all attack types that do white damage (before it was only melee/ranged attacks that did white damage).

Well now that you're informed continue your b****ing.

Offtopic: I was looking for description for post 2.0 pvp tanking changes. Ty for full length explanation ;)

Edited by helloder

First they nerf Pyro for doing to much damage/burst, and now we have to much reduction xD . Well golly gee maybe we should just bend over and let you * * * * us in the * * * without impunity. Would that make you whiners happy ? :)

this isnt a player exploiting problem, its a design issue.

stun DR and aoe DR should NEVER be together, and ion cell shouldnt let you do insane sustained damage.

I see what you are going with this thread, but the rest of classes, except for smash fest, are currently experiencing huge disadvantages in arenas.