The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Teleportation Device (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)

RogueScout

So, as someone leveling up, I often grab the pvp missions from the Fleet terminal prior to heading to a new planet for my class missions. I will take a few pops while on that planet, but usually finish my pvp daily before I get off that planet. The problem is that I hate leaving the planet halfway through to go back to the pvp terminal on Fleet to drop off missions and then find my way all the way back to the same spot of the planet I had just left.

SO, I propose a teleportation device, that cannot be used in PVP/PVE (operations/flashpoints), that allows the user to drop a "marker", to which they can return to, after they have used a fleet travel pass or which ever travel pass you're using. When activated, it will take you directly back to the spot you marked. I know they have phase walk for Assassins, so this is something that CAN be done, with a little effort.

Anyone back me up with this? If so, please post here. I think this serves a great purpose.

So, as someone leveling up, I often grab the pvp missions from the Fleet terminal prior to heading to a new planet for my class missions. I will take a few pops while on that planet, but usually finish my pvp daily before I get off that planet. The problem is that I hate leaving the planet halfway through to go back to the pvp terminal on Fleet

A CM item that lets you set a bind point anywhere then 'port to that spot from anywhere else? Sure, why not?

But really, if you "hate" something, don't do it. Simple.

I don't think such a feature should be implemented like that, for that reason.

It's pretty easy to finish something on a planet to the point where you find yourself at a speeder point. That is when you use your instant, no cooldown fleet pass to travel to the fleet and turn in. Then you run to the priority transport terminal and hop on ship and fly to the planet. Once there your quick travel will be off cooldown and just QT to where you left off.

The only time the ^usual method bothers me is when there is an orbital station and I can't QT after I dock my ship.

What I would like to see is something similar to the camps in SWG. A person was able to deploy a field camp that was awesome. This is something that would be great for world bosses and ops groups.

With the right restrictions on its use, I don't think it would cause many problems