Balance PvP Gear

Deltasniper

Common thinking is that you take 2-piece set bonuses from each set (healer to reduce the lockout on force armor, and the DPS bonus to reduce the cool down on the Mind Crush attack + heal you for 0.5% of max hp with each tick).

I have a guild mate that has almost exclusively played balance sage since launch who swears by taking the shadow DPS 4-piece bonus (2 piece gives a increase in distance for use of force slow, while the 4 piece gives an extra use of force potency).

Everything else, stat-wise, is agreed upon that you take whatever grants you power/surge (no crit or alacrity) -- which usually means unlettered mods/enhancements.

Edited by adiwantinova

Everything else, stat-wise, is agreed upon that you take whatever grants you power/surge (no crit or alacrity) -- which usually means unlettered mods/enhancements.

For balance, i feel like they are shoving crit /alacrity down my throat, so i dont want any crit/alacrity?

Edited by Deltasniper

I believe everyone would at least agree that +crit isn't worth it for balance, but I can see the benefits of +alacrity (especially if you're pushing past the point of the heavy DR curve on surge).

It's a matter of opinion & preference at that point. I'll say, anyone that I've inspected or talked to about BiS DPS sage has said power/surge. Ultimately, it's your call. I think the +6% alacrity with the proc from disturbance is better than any +alacrity gear benefits.

Further, if you did want to test it, I would recommend doing it with the ear/implant(s) instead of buying mods/enhancements to test it.

For me? I have the 2 mystic / 2 master set bonuses & am all power/surge & the only person that out DPSes me in 90%+ WZ's is that sage that uses the shadow set bonuses (for the 3x force potency charges).

I do more self healing, though & feel sturdy.