The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Invisible helmets

Lunafox

Covert Energy Helmet/Headpiece

We have armour that shows as invisible...uppers, to show off naked chests, gloves to show off naked hands..boots for feet etc....

I would like to propose an invisible helmet, that people can wear, who want the hood of their robes down. If it's not possible to make a hood toggle, I think this could be a solution. If they wear the invisible helmet, you'd see their faces, but the game would register a helmet and make the robe be with the hood down...if they uncheck the display helmet box, the hood would go back up, and you'd still see their faces.

Just a thought. :)

Edited by Lunafox

Hah, my first thought was "Oh cool, that would solve the problem of the helmets magically reappearing during some cutscenes. And save me a bunch of unequipping & re-equipping my companions' helmets!", but the hood thing is a nice catch! :o Edited by Callaron

Thanks, I'm glad you like the idea. I was hoping this would solve the hood toggle problem in a really simple way....

It would work like the covert energy armours...you know, the ones that show bare chest, hands and feet when you wear them, and you can mod them up.

Just by checking the display helmet on or off, would let people have their hoods up or down at will. I thought it would solve a lot of problems for those who are dying for a hood toggle feature. And, like you say it would save on taking helms on and off for cutscenes, when they don't disappear as they should :D

Edited by Lunafox

When the covert stuff started to appear around 2.0, I quickly made a post, as did Alec about using a head piece for this purpose, it is a great idea, a sort of stopgap for hood toggles.

But that brings into play the ethics of charging for such a solution, and it's probably something they are not comfortable doing?

When the covert stuff started to appear around 2.0, I quickly made a post, as did Alec about using a head piece for this purpose, it is a great idea, a sort of stopgap for hood toggles.

But that brings into play the ethics of charging for such a solution, and it's probably something they are not comfortable doing?

they don't have to add it to cartel market then.

making something that requires certain social rank. and/or tie it to reputation. or just dump in on an early vendor without further ado.

IMO