The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Running out of inventory space from social items

Jerba

I am a big collector of all social items, but with each pack adding one or two social items, my inventory is filling up more and more. :( Currently, I only have three rows of inventory space left, so sooner or later I won't be able to have all items in the inventory; therefore buying less items from the Cartel Market.

Screenshot to illustrate the issue: http://i.imgur.com/cheD3Ga.png

48 reusable plus 6 consumable social items take up inventory space, and I am using all of them on a regular basis.

Therefore, I ask that you change the inventory system in a way that makes collecting items viable for the future. Here are some practical suggestions:

1) Like speeders and pets, have the items change into a ability on use. That way, they do not take up any inventory space but can still be called from the abilities window. Since the Cartel Market items are Bind on Use, you can't trade the items later anyway. Some unbound items like the Crate-o-matic could still remain as an item in inventory but there are so few of those that they will hardly fill up the inventory.

2) Like emotes, have the items change into a chat command upon first use that you can enter in chat or select from the emotes window. Similar to suggestion 1, the items would then no longer fill up the inventory.

3) Add another inventory tab that can be used to store the social items. To make sure that this does not interfere with players who don't collect social items, you could restrict this tab so that only Cartel Market/Collections items can be placed in it. This would be the best solution, because then we can still sort the items as we wish, but sooner or later this tab would be full so we would need a third tab.

4) With the Collections interface, you can transfer a copy of any social item in your inventory. This already would help a lot with coping with a full inventory, but it is much too cumbersome to request an item from the Collections, rightclick it in the inventory, and then delete the item to make room again. How about adding a button to the social items in the Collections interface so you could directly use them? For example, when clicking on the Reusable Jawagram in the Collections interface, it would automatically send a Jawagram to the target without requiring you to have the item in the inventory.

Please consider my suggestions for the future. I still want to be able to collect all items but I fear that sooner or later I have to stop doing so.

Edited by Jerba