The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Certificates

Dmnqwk

So you spend 1500 coins to buy a flashy speeder. You ride it around on your char for a while, and think of making an alt. Now, you realise, you've got a 600 coin fee to pay to unlock it.

Ouch!

I don't feel it's unfair to charge to unlock account-wide in the slightest. I do feel that sidestepping the costs on occasion is acceptable... and the only way to ensure the right people (aka those who spent a lot anyway) can do so is to allow you to use your Cartel Market Certificates to unlock items.

Ive got around 30 of the Certs atm, having bought a skiff, full set of trium gear and a couple of other things. So I've pretty much bought all I want to. I'd like them to have a use beyond purchasing items so they're not entirely wasteful (because right now, I'd be hesitant to buy more packs and receive both wasted rep, since I hit Legend, and these certs). I don't think it'd be too hard for you to allow the Certs to pay to unlock items, At a cost of 1 cert for items up to 160. 2 for the 320 items and 3 for everything else. This would be great for PR, and you could consider taking it further and letting people buy the Certs with rep tokens they can no longer use (15 green, 8 blue or 3 purple can be traded for 1 cert perhaps).