Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

An idea for Reflect

Mallorik

I don't know about other guardian tanks, but I really love reflect. My only problem with it is when its not up when I really want it, this really only applies to Trash in fps and ops.

Now I know lowering the cd would be op but what about adding a talent in the tank tree that resets reflect when you leave combat, like preparation in the vigilance tree that resets saber throw leap and combat focus.

I don't think it would have any effect on pvp or boss fights, it would just allow you to use reflect on packs of trash mobs instead on every third pack.

I like your idea but that would make the other tanks so jelly...

Very close to being op...

I don't think it would be op though, it would only be useful for trash pulls. In pvp guardians don't get out of combat very often, as a tank its almost never, and the talent should be in the tank tree. During boss fights it would never even come into play.

It's too random and not usable in PvE for dpsers. Long cooldown and real potential unleashed only against channeled attacks. Sniper is pretty much dead against Vengeance jug with reflect up. I would prefer it to be more helpful and useful in PvE. Recent Juggernaut dps patches were mostly aimed at pvp. :/

We are already too reliant on saber reflect for ranged/AoE tanking as it is. I would rather there be some improvements to be able to handle ranged/AoE tanking more reliably outside of the saber reflect cooldown.

This is a good topic for discussion though, because compared to the other tanks, guards rely way too much on saber reflect to perform tanking duties that are trivial for Vanguards and Shadows.

An anti F/T cooldown is fantastic, but feeling the need to blow it for threat generation defeats its primary purpose IMO.

Edited by Marb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.