The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which PT specs perform best in PVP?

madisona

I am going to gear up my 55 PT, who was previously marooned on a server I no longer played on. It's been awhile. I leveled her in AP, but for PVP I want to play the spec that is most viable and/or able to contribute to the team. What can each spec offer and which spec do you recommend?

I think you also have to ask yourself "what am I better at?"...

From what I see, the hybrid AP/tank spec seems to be the most preferred, but for example, I SUCK at staying on a target well enough to hit him with the close range abilities, so playing a tank PT is much better "for me".

I'm a good guard, I am good at screwing with the top damage dealers on the other team, taunting aggro, CC;ing and disrupting healers, and basically being a huge pain in the *** to the other team. Is it the best spec? Probably not. Is it what I play the best? Foshow!

Z

Ill tell you the specs and usefulness of them.

Tank: Semi-useful, can really troll other classes with the AOE Accuracy reduction and Oil Slick.

AP: Near Useless to Really Useful, If you know how to play AP and can keep people in your Flamethrower with 3 stack PFT, you can rape people, if you cant. well your screwed.

Pyro: REALLY useful, When 2.4 fixed Pyro, they are now one of the hardest hitting PT specs out there. If you want On-demand damage that hits hard, Go Pyro. It's also a pretty decent DoT spec, better than Madness or Lethality.