Offhand damage pettition

Araxus

I was under the impression that Slash was also not a "special attack". I thought all force powers were special attacks and therefore had 100% hit rating, but physical attacks such as Strike, Slash etc... were 90% hit rating. Basically "white numbers" vs "yellow numbers". Maybe this is too simplistic.

Force powers clearly have their own category of force powers.

kick is an example, that clearly has a 100% hit rate. special.

all focus burners appear to be.

People using the data viewer I believe are the ones that figured out, only strike is left. the "auto attack".

I think even zstrike and MS are considered special.

Force powers ignore +def as a skill also.

Edited by MBirkhofer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accuracy appears to be a left over early beta stat.

And they don't know what to do with it.

In early beta, bosses did have 10% defense, So, you did need 110% hit rate.

As far as anyone can tell. currently, they do not.

The whole, normal, special thing. Reeks of a design change along the way. Bizarre that which is which, is not more superficial.

Acc over 100% actually BEING armor/resist pen, and being able to make values go negative would be an amazing way to make ACC viable and viable past 100%. but its not. its -defense. which is only as good as your targets def rating.

I agree. This looks like a legacy issue. Reminds me of when EQ devs found legacy code that prevented Taunt from affecting mobs over level 50 like 6 expansions and 20 levels later.

On the plus side, I do enjoying getting to play beta.

Force powers clearly have their own category of force powers.

kick is an example, that clearly has a 100% hit rate. special.

all focus burners appear to be.

People using the data viewer I believe are the ones that figured out, only strike is left. the "auto attack".

I think even zstrike and MS are considered special.

Force powers ignore +def as a skill also.

Seems like good news in general. I like a 100% hit rate over a 90% hit rate. Also explains why Strike seems so weak! Thankfully I rarely have to use it.