The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class names for the Galactic Starfighter Fighters?

Xakthul

The Scout is based on the navies' standard starfighter found in the standard space missions.

For the Republic, they're known as the Liberator-class and the more advanced Redeemer-class (Imperials refer to them as 'Talon Fighters'). And then there's an even more advanced "Striker" variant, that I've only seen mentioned in the Old Republic Encyclopedia and used by Satele Shan in a LEGO set.

For the Empire, they're known as the Mark VI Interceptor and the more advanced Mark VII Interceptor. They're also known as the Supremacy-class and Dominion-class starfighters.

The Republic Strike Fighter appeares to be based off one of its navy's heavier starships, the PT-7 or Raven Starfighter,

sometimes called bombers in the standard space missions. For the Empire, I can't find a direct analogue.

The expansion also includes a Bomber class of ships to be released later, but the Empire's is likely based on the B28 Extinction-class bomber.

The Gunship doesn't have any basis in previous ship model used in-game or during any standard space mission that I can think of.

Of course, these are all the models and classifications the ships in Galactic Starfighter are based on. For the specific names used in the expansion you can find them listed here in Dulfy's ships and components guide.

Edited by Osetto