crit chance for carnage? HELL YEAH

darthmorbous

so guys,

i managed to get two sets of pvp gear; challenger with full power augments and weaponmaster full with strenght augments to do some testings.

the challenger i used with rage spec and carnage spec; same with the weaponmaster.

challenger+power+ rage= awesome as everyone knows.

weaponmaster+strenght (crit chances)= stayed almost the same

challenger + power + carnage= sucked BAlls so hard

weaponmaster+ strenght (crit arround 25%)= awesome, AWESOME burst.

rage is still the better choice in general for pvp (in arenas i go carnage though), but i was always curious why crit+surge would be "bad" for a carnage build, as i ´ve read a lot here.

has anyone else had the same kind of results?

also a good carnie player named Azraelli used this with his carnie and he doubled almost my dps me being playing the same spec, a talk with him got this all thing started by me.

anyway , please discuss

Nah. Some people are starting to claim this but i don't see it. Force scream should be auto critting everytime if you're playing properly and is the main guaranteed burst for the spec but the main reason to not stack crit is the crit relic will most likely be the best for carnage when double power proc is fixed (today actually). This relic is VERY nice when you don't have any crit rating but the more crit rating you add the more dimishing returns you get with this relic.

If you augment str you will have around 18.5% crit chance with crit relic when it procs you have over 26% crit chance. While if you where to have 25-26% crit chance all the time the crit relic would reach around 30%.. and you'd have sacrificed loads of bonus dmg for it. To me this is kinda pointless.

People can claim it adds to dps but i have never felt i had a dps problem with 0 crit rating as combat/carnage even before the crit relic came into play...

The main argument is a slightly higher chance of ravage crits - for which i give 3 arguments

1. As carnage it hits really hard under gore anyway without critting with a full power build.

2. It is a carnage marauders most stunned through burst. Higher force scream dmg at all times (if player is a good carnage player and isnt using it when its not procced..) is more beneficial.

3. Even with a slightly higher crit chance its still rng whether it crits or not... and it'll hit like the wettest noodle ever if it doesnt crit when you've sacrificed that much bonus dmg..

Edited by AngusFTW

• 2 weeks later...
Most people say Carnage is best with 0 crit both in PVP and PVE, yet you get higher parse with crit. Why is that? It's becuase crit is RNG, with more crit you have a chance to get more dps, but also you can get lower (and with the current crit curve that happens more). In PVP your best burst is FS which is autocrit already. So you might get more dps all around in a warzone with some crit, but it sure didn't help you burst down someone.