New Imperial player looking for Guild.

johnboomking

Hello, I am looking for a guild for my imperial character(s) to join.

Brief history...

I recently started playing SWTOR again after a long break. I initially purchased the pre-order and played a couple weeks before launch, but I forgot which account I purchased the pre-order on, and activated the wrong one. Regardless, I played a Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer focused in Corruption at level 50 as my main, and I am slowly creating a new one on the proper account for my main. I am a subscriber, and I intend to be that way for the next 4-16 years or so, depending on the condition of Bioware. I have played MMORPG's for roughly 5 years or more, and I have lead various organizations(20-100 member size, with one partial leadership of 700) for roughly seven years or more.

Time availability...

I am looking for a guild that will not restrict me from higher level group content (operations, and flash-points) because I can not play during the day-hours of the week. I can play any time after 10pm PST Monday through Saturday, and Friday and Sunday I can play after 2pm PST. All day Saturday might be a possibility as well.

Defining features...

I would also prefer a guild that is light on seniority segregation(has very few ranks based on time in guild) for guilds that aren't well established, I'd prefer a very flexible political structure. For guilds that are well established, I'd prefer one that isn't focused on leaders who don't seriously consider their members opinions.

What I'm looking to provide...

While I can't guarantee a "core"(40+hrs/week) player or even a consistent "moderate"(20-40hr/week) player, I can guarantee that I will be consistent with my promises (if I say I'll be available, I'll either be there early, or I will notify well in advance that I can't be there) I usually act as a healer, but given enough time, I have intentions to role out a tank and dps, after my healer is established. I'll take responsibility for any failures that are my own, within reason. I'll try to act in a respectful manner at all times, although there are miss-communications occasionally. I'll help any member that is within my power to help, if they ask for it, within reason. I will also assist in any way possible with political issues, if needed and appropriate. While I do not intend to take on an intensive leadership position, I may be able to do so, depending on time availability, and will gladly take on such a position if it is preferred of me.

If any guilds see this and think I might be a good fit, please let me know. While personalized responses aren't required, I would like to see some explanation of each of the "defining features". They are all relative traits, so yes or no answers won't work. Three sentences total could potentially work, however.

Delusions of Grandeur

http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com

Yes, we are quite delusional indeed! We are a laid back, PvE, PvP and RP guild. While some like to progress, others are quite casual in play ( how the guild was founded ), we just try to be a place for all to enjoy themselves. In short, We have fun.. period.

We currently run six progression teams and are looking to add to that. We will run RWZ, and world PvP if there seems to be some fun somehwere. We also have our Sith Guild open for recruitment for those of you who like to explore their darker side. Whether you are a well established player, a brand new player looking to learn the ropes, or anywhere in-between, we would love to have you join us.

Please go to http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur...wforum.php?f=5 and fill out the application. Feel free to do a /who on Delusions of Grandeur anytime and hit us up in game.

We look forward to meeting you~

~Starstryderz

http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com

Yes, we are quite delusional indeed! We are a laid back, PvE, PvP and RP guild. While some like to progress, others are quite casual in play ( how the guild was founded ), we just try to be a place for all to enjoy themselves. In short, We have fun.. period.

We currently run six progression teams and are looking to add to that. We will run RWZ, and world PvP if there seems to be some fun somehwere. We also have our Sith Guild open for recruitment for those of you who like to explore their darker side. Whether you are a well established player, a brand new player looking to learn the ropes, or anywhere in-between, we would love to have you join us.

Please go to http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur...wforum.php?f=5 and fill out the application. Feel free to do a /who on Delusions of Grandeur anytime and hit us up in game.

We look forward to meeting you~

~Starstryderz

I checked the website out, and it would appear to be a neat match. Here are a few trouble points I have...

1: The guild is mainly Republic, and I don't currently play on a republic character, nor do I really want to. I hate Jedi(except dark jedi), the aesthetics, and anything to do with restoring peace. Is the environment of the empire guild one of "Join the main gulid, and also create an alt on the empire side" or "Join either guild, we are currently focused on the republic side, but expanding to the empire side(with intent for end-game content) as well." Also, is there any modifiable gear for the Sage that has heavy red and black overtones, without flowers or something stupid?

2: "It asks people to look at the Dark Side within, face it, and come out of it like Luke, not like Anakin."... Anakin gave up everything for love... Luke bet his life that his father still had good in him. I do not share Luke's faith in the humanity of men, and would therefore choose to embrace the dark side for the sake of others... That desire for freedom based on passion. This isn't so much an issue, as much as it is something that really bothered me. The dark side is not about being disrespectful, but instead about power and freedom, even at the expense of the freedom of others. Love, Freedom, and Justice. These are my passions. Does this conflict?

Edited by johnboomking

ha! love your thoughts. we do have a fair number on the imperial side, however, it is not our main focus, as you have indicated. I know that one of our progression teams ( Revan ) does a sith night for progression and there are others that are mostly sith focused as yourself. if this still seems to be a good fit, please apply.. if not, no harm, no foul. :)

~Starstryder

~Sunstryder ( inquisitor )