The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

payment with telephone

I am not sure if you have something like that in the U.S., but what the OP means is a telephone number that costs like $5 per call. It is heavily used by charity organizations for donations.

In this case, they would also have to develop an automatic answering machine where you can enter your account name so that they can give the Cartel Coins to that account.

Honestly, I do not think this would be a good idea. I can imagine a few parents up in arms because of an expensive phone bill after their kids called this number. The credit card requirement ensures that only adults buy something and it is much safer for EA than a phone number IMO.

Edited by Jerba

Maybe he is talking about the pay by text or cellphone ..???

I know Perfect World does it ... and Zynga/Facebook used to do it for their bucks ... It would be something to consider, but it is very easy to abuse it (especially with kids having their own cellphone, or having access to their parents phones.)

Maybe he is talking about the pay by text or cellphone ..???

I know Perfect World does it ... and Zynga/Facebook used to do it for their bucks ... It would be something to consider, but it is very easy to abuse it (especially with kids having their own cellphone, or having access to their parents phones.)

He said pay by TELEPHONE NUMBER, I think Jerba had it right.

But both of you are right about the downsides. Personally the ease at which Credit cards and debit cards can be gotten means this would only have niche appeal, I personally pay with a Visa Debit Card.