PvP Champions Tournament

TaipanShakor

Hi all, this is an event my guild is putting together. We heard it was tried before and due to sore losers and unfair duels, it kinda failed. So I've posted this thread to get ideas on how we can fine tune this into a successful event that we can continue.

THOUGHTS SO FAR:

The whole idea behind the Tournament is to find THE most powerful character on the server. As this is our goal, we started to limit the duels for lvl 55's only , accepting 'challenges' from lower levels if they so wish. We have had some suggestions to open it to more players and hold winners from each 'level group' eg. 1-10 11-20 etc. which is nice but drifts from our primary purpose for the event, at the same time not something we are opposed to at this stage.

We aim to hold this event monthly, with knockout rounds from a draw created from registered applications to our website. The final duel will result in a winner who receives a prize pool (at this stage 1 million credits unless we get other guild 'sponsors' to pitch in).

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU;

We would like to know how much interest is out there for such an event, remembering its aimed at generating social interaction, possibly some RP thrown in, and just a general all around fun atmosphere on the server which new players will appreciate more than the 'usual sheep atmosphere' of the others.

We also need to know some fairly common timezones to try fit in with the 'majority' of the server population, please accept that it will never suit EVERYONE, but we do want a good turnout.

Please post your thoughts, or contact me in-game on my republic character Rohk'kaa or my imperial character Devasto.