The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Prehaps a Proper Kilt

DoctorBard

Yes I rather realize the irony of this statement given that there are already "kilts" in game, but the notation struck me earlier this morning when I thought to meself, "I wonder why it is you never see a sith or jedi in something more akin to an actual kilt." Granted I honestly think this would be a fine example of a rather unique look, something that would create a stir in the community and reach out to those of us with Celtic heritage.

Truthfully how many of you out there can't imagine whirling around in an epic dance of combat dressed in a kilt cleaving through your opponents with yer respected weapon of choice. The imagery alone I can think of for this is staggering to the level I'm not sure why no one has seen fit to capitalize on the opportunity here.

Yes I rather realize the irony of this statement given that there are already "kilts" in game, but the notation struck me earlier this morning when I thought to meself, "I wonder why it is you never see a sith or jedi in something more akin to an actual kilt." Granted I honestly think this would be a fine example of a rather unique look, something that would create a stir in the community and reach out to those of us with Celtic heritage.

Some of us with Celtic Heritage, not all of us with Celtic Heritage, only the Scots wear Kilts, the Welsh and Irish have never worn Kilts, and I remember hearing once that the Cornish are technically Celtic as well (Cornish is a Celtic Language).

Now I have both Scottish and Irish Heritage, and live near Wales so wouldn't be surprised to find Welsh ancestry in there as well, and I have to say a Kilt doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. But if you could make it Star-Warsy then I wouldn't complain either.