The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Temple Guard armor + Lightsaber Pike

Trase-Kor

Although it only appeared in one episode of the Clone Wars; it's described as an "ancient, honored heritage within the hallowed halls of the Jedi Temple". The armor can be seen in THIS LINK. (Wookie-link also)

I think it would make a nice alternate to the Eradicator gear for Jedi.

Also; the pike is basically a double-bladed lightsaber with a longer hilt - also visible at that link (that light-yellow saber crystal is pretty too).

Ah nice to see that great minds think alike on this one. Was going to post this myself but nice to see someone else thought of it. Truly I think it be a great alternative given the current cartel market armors out all see to be either too flimsy or too bloody heavy looking. Say you rolled a Sentinel or a Shadow, again this set be perfect for those two, given that it seems more of an athletic set and bloody more practical than anything we currently have out at the moment. Personally I love the idea of the lightsaber pike as and item as well given that the lack of selection and uniqueness amongst dual-bladed lightsabers has left the roll of jedi shadow rather unsatisfying. That and given it seems to be more traditional for anything that followed the consular bass class to wear robes it rather feels ungainly when playing the shadow who by the standards I've looked into is a far more athletic sort given the amount of skill and physically demanding training that is required to properly wield a saber staff (dual-bladed lightsaber). To any employees of the company we deeply hope you see this as it would make for a rather magnificent set and make those of us who play the more up close and personal classes feel more at home on the combat field.

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I love the idea of the lightsaber pike as and item as well given that the lack of selection and uniqueness amongst dual-bladed lightsabers has left the roll of jedi shadow rather unsatisfying. That and given it seems to be more traditional for anything that followed the consular bass class to wear robes it rather feels ungainly when playing the shadow who by the standards I've looked into is a far more athletic sort given the amount of skill and physically demanding training that is required to properly wield a saber staff (dual-bladed lightsaber). To any employees of the company we deeply hope you see this as it would make for a rather magnificent set and make those of us who play the more up close and personal classes feel more at home on the combat field.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty dissapointed that it seems like there's little variation in dual lightsaber models (compared to regular lightsabers) ... so I totally support this armor/pike. Though if they added it, I would recommend making it one of the rarer items in the packs, simply because it looks so bad*** everyone would be using it otherwise.

• 2 years later...

First I want to say that I totally agree with you guys that they fell short on the armor. I think everyone had an expectation, and they decided to do a different way.

However I want to bring up a different way of looking at the armor set. During the clone wars the Jedi were pretty damn sure no one would attack them at their own temple. They didn't need battle armor patrolling the corridors. In SWTOR we are in a much different situation. The Jedi are at open war with 1 faction and worried this other faction

Is going to blow both of their *********** asses up.

As for the pike, I would be ok with it. If they didn't do it, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I do have a question, I have the full set. What color crystal are you guys using for it? Just Yellow?

Edited by -Titus-