The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Summon Republic/Imperial Trooper (or other "pets") Power/Item

Callaron

Each time I run Flashpoints I like to grab the optional "pets", like the Medical and Attack Droids you get from scavenging, the Akk Dogs you get from Biochem, etc...

Which made me think it'd be pretty cool to have the option to buy such a "pet" that you can have out at the same time as your companion.

So my idea would be to add some summonable "pets" to the Cartel Market, either in the form of a reusable item or as a power that gets added to your character (in the same way the various Legacy travel powers do).

When used the pet/minion would appear for five minutes, with a one hour cooldown or so, with a buff appearing on your character similar to the FP pets I mentioned earlier.

The reason I mentioned Troopers in the title is because they make the most sense, it'd be like your character is receiving backup from a grunt of their faction, but droids and other creatures would work just as well.

They could even be added to the Cartel Packs, though I would like to see them as reusables (or as a power) from the start - not a one time consumable like the original Jawagrams (which is an instant dealbreaker for me and a lot of other people, I'll never bother with them then).

Pros:

- A little bit of backup, though nothing too overpowered.

- A cool new cosmetic toy.

- Pretty nifty for RPers who can use it in a scene where their character calls in a subordinate for something.

Cons:

- Another model on screen for the engine to deal with (though only for a limited time), but making them unusable in certain areas (such as the Fleet) could help with that.

- Poor AI.

Another possible implementation would be through the Legacy system, which can always use more perks.

• 3 weeks later...