Bug or intended? Sgt. Yuun (trooper companion) needing Force Power for 2+ abilities?

MagicmanNC

Yuun is an Aim/Tech Power companion (as far as I can tell, with 3 trooper 55s).....however, two of his abilities exhibit exceptionally low damage, both in the tooltip and in combat.

Yuun (level 55, artifact 66 barrell/offhand, Partisan/Conq mix on gear)

Run Through: 695 damage over 12 seconds

Whirling Force: 327-359 damage, 3 targets, 9 second cooldown

Tracker's Strike also deals low damage (400ish), on a 30-sec cooldown comparable to Nadia Grell's aoe slow, but the damage is MUCH lower (didn't write it down).

He shares two abilities with the Sith Warrior companion Jaesa Wilsaam (sp?), who is a Willpower/Force Power companion.

Jaesa (level 55, artifact 66 hilt/offhand, blue/artifact 66 mods in all gear)

Run Through: 1885 damage (12 seconds I think, or 15, doesn't matter; the difference in damage is significant)

Whirling Force: 922-954 damage, 3 targets, 9 second cooldown

Considering that both companions have comparable gear, I would expect that the shared abilities should do comparable damage. However, as you can see, it isn't even close. The best I can come up with is that Whirling Force and Run Through (and perhaps Tracker's Strike) are boosted by Force Power, which is not found on Aim gear or boosted by Aim.

Regardless, the below-normal damage of 2 (or 3) of Yuun's abilities make him essentially useless in combat situations compared to the other companions. If this is intended, I would like to know how we should go about gearing Yuun, since Aim boosts his melee abilities, Strength doesn't boost his Force Power, and Willpower doesn't affect his melee abilities.

Thanks!