Crit or Power?

jorgeagd

I started playing a carnage specced mara a few days ago and wanted to know what stat to favor, crit or power. I have read several threads here and on the sentinel section and I'm a bit confused because some say power is the way while others say cirt gives more benefit. If someone can take out some of their time and explain me which is better I would be most grateful.

Well in regards to crit vs power for pvp as Carnage, I geared exclusively for power/surge when 2.4 hit, and Carnage worked well with it (was nice seeing 9.2k Ravage crits, and 9k Force Screams) but the crits didnt happen too often, as you can imagine.

I've made myself a crit set now, with Obroan mods, and conqueror armorings/enhancements, with little to no power in my enhancements (I think I have like 2 power/surge enhancements in my sabers, and 1 accuracy/power enhancement in my set, with the rest poured into accuracy/crit and crit/surge) and I have seen much better results. My dps has gone up, consistently, by at least 300dps, and I feel like a proper tank killer now :D

I'm not hitting as hard as I used to, but it's a fair trade off when my stabbystabby spec is hitting like a truck (remember crits dont get shielded)

My crit chance right now is just under 25%, and it seems to be the sweet spot, and I'm running with the power relic, and the crit relic, both Obroan.

Edited by Daystarr

But wouldn't the lack of power nerf your dps when you aren't getting those cirts? I mean, I understand what you are saying I just can't wrap my head around it. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't power make us hit harder? As I understand it, with power our abilities will hit hard when we aren't criting thus giving us more "reliable" dps, instead of counting on crits. Or is the burst we get from crit so much better? Sorry for all the questions, I really want to get this right.

The crit RELIC is very good but if you run that much crit on your gear you run into a lot of dr using it. On my sent who is full obroan using the crit relic i have 0 crit rating 18.5% crit chance (i augment strength) when obroan crit relic procs i have over 26% crit chance which is an 8% increase however due to diminishing returns if you are running a lot of crit i'd wager you'd be lucky to get half that increase and obviously you wouldn't crit as hard.. Edited by AngusFTW