removable lightsaber effects

Tonguepunch

Id like to see someway to transfer the effects of certain lightsabers, ie gree, tythonian, , to a different lightsaber model. Kind of like how you change a color crystal

Yes! A way for us to change out the hilt style, but not the blade type/effect, or statistics. I support this idea. They could even offer it as cartel service or appearance vendor service, if need be.

It's a way to sell unique looking lightsabres. How about you just request the lightsabre you want with the effect you want in it as a suggestion in the cartel market forum and hope they release one.

Id rather have to option to swap it out occasionally, not just have to stick with a specific lightsaber

• 2 weeks later...

The effect of the special sabers was the whole reason to spend the money on them to buy them though, right?

I suppose the Cartel Market instead of selling new sabers could just sell new effects that are just like dye modules. You can then place the "effect module" on your saber like you place dye modules in your armor.

Since dye modules are destroyed when removed, "effect modules" would be too. So, that would mean people would just switch out their sabers when they wanted a new effect, much like they could now.

Or am I mis-understanding your suggestion?

For myself the effect is equally important as the crystal color or the design of the hilt. Choosing my favorite hilt shouldn't exclude me from using my favorite effect.

It's not just a feature to make our sabers feel more unique. It's a feature that can be monetized as a CM item and also added to crafting.

Edited by JediRelentless

For myself the effect is equally important as the crystal color or the design of the hilt. Choosing my favorite hilt shouldn't exclude me from using my favorite effect.

It's not just a feature to make our sabers feel more unique. It's a feature that can be monetized as a CM item and also added to crafting.

Added to crafting? You are kidding right? They haven't done a single thing to help crafting out in forever and actually have done things to destroy crafting. Any modable armor under lvl 15 req made by crafters still lacks a dye slot, for example.

Biochem used to make unique stims only they could use...now? You don't need them as the best is available for everyone...

The only thing worthwhile in crafting anymore are the grenades for pvp....it is pretty sad.

It shouldn't be to hard to do.. Just associate the effect with the crystal and not the hilt.. I would like this as well..

This is what I was thinking as well. They can still control the level of rarity this way.

The only thing worthwhile in crafting anymore are the grenades for pvp....it is pretty sad.

IDK RE and crafting the high end item modifications looks highly profitable on the GTN, if you can't craft it yourself. >.>

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.