I am a n00b

nocluez

Every class in SWTOR is easy enough to comfortably finish your classquest with. So I'd highly recommend prioritizing the kind of class you want over how new-player-friendly they are. Maurauder isn't the easiest class to learn and definitly not the easiest to master, how-ever you don't need to be amazing to get through story content (and thus building up experience to become brilliant.) On top of that you get a healer companion really early on (~level 20) which is a slow but very safe option for any class.

I think there're people more fit to provide good links, how-ever (and I know this is more or less blashphomy) Noxxic.com is a relatively decent site to pick up the robes of a class, for end-game it won't be any good though. Besides that class forums often offer a lot of help. Word your question and loads of helpful people will answer. :)

The basics:

• Your weapons are 2 lightsabers (1 comes in a bag when you chose your advanced class, check your inventory.)
  • Your armour is medium, wear adeptive or medium, never light.
  • Your main-stat is Strenght, meaning you do not want any gear that does not have strenght on it.
  • Your role (in any skilltree) is DPS, meaning you should avoid stats like: Absorb/Defence/Shield.
  • Companions have their own main-stat, remember to update their gear, your first 2 companions wear medium armour and have the main-stat Cunning.
  • Yes, all skilltrees are awesome and viable, respec (for subs it's free) is available at skill mentor on the fleet, combat section.