The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trading Cartel coins for Credits

Imperial_Samurai

:wea_03: I'm not sure if this thread has already been posted, as this is my first time posting on the forums. I was thinking earlier that it would be nice to be able to use the Cartel market to trade the Cartel coins for credits. Have some sort of pre-set amount that would be given for each credit spent.

EX: 1 Cartel coin = 25 credits, or something like that.

Then give the SUB players a bonus to the amount for paying for the game. (Not trying to short change any F2P players, but usually the SUB players get more for paying).

I just thought it would be a neat idea for anyone who has already or plans to buy Cartel coins or anyone who just wants a little more cash to spread around to they're toons. :wea_03:

This game has plenty of Buy-To-Win features already. Credits would be a very bad choice as an addition to the CM. It would ruin the GTN, give casual players huge advantages over the hardcore gamers who actually earn their gear, & a plethora of more reasons.

Credits are easy enough to grind when you reach Elder Game anyway. All PvE Daily's each day can surmount a half a million Credits as it is.

With due respect, I reject this idea.

Like said above, buy stuff in the Cartel Market and then sell it for cash. I would love the option the other way around since I'm greedy in real life and do love things like collections and especially make-overs, but I can see that could give issues. And for everything except collections/make-overs that's already a possibility by buying of the GTN.

• 3 years later...
It would be a nice feature because, it would get rid of idiots on the gtn pricing items at hundreds of millions of credits for items such as the cross guard lightsaber.

No it wouldn't. It would make GTN inflation worse, since people who want the item would be able to just drop cash for the credits. To reduce the prices of rare items on the GTN, those items must become less rare. End.

EX: 1 Cartel coin = 25 credits, or something like that.

So the $40 for a 5500 cc pack would gain you 137,500 credits?

At level 70 you want to remove the mods from the gear you get and put them in your own gear. This will cost about 50k for each piece. You'll earn more than enough credits to do this.

Before the huge credits inflation the exchange rate used to be about 1:1000, i.e. you bought something for 1000 cc on the CM and sold it for a million credits on the GTN. A million used to be a week worth of grinding dailies. Nowadays, a million can be earned by casually doing heroics for an hour or two. Those that spend the cartel coins are aiming for exchange rates closer to 1:10000.

Edited by Mubrak