The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What would really get me to spend more coins?

CMoldas

Make the mod extraction credit sink MUCH lower.

It's just ridiculous how many creds it takes to refit/re-augment a toon.

I would be happy to buy more packs/equipment if in the back of my mind I didn't have to account for the 1 million credits it is going to take to re-augment and pull mods.

I have no problem with the crafters making their bucks on the MK-9 kits, but cancel the cost of buying the slot and mod extraction please. Or at least reduce it substantially.

Make the mod extraction credit sink MUCH lower.

It's just ridiculous how many creds it takes to refit/re-augment a toon.

I would be happy to buy more packs/equipment if in the back of my mind I didn't have to account for the 1 million credits it is going to take to re-augment and pull mods.

I have no problem with the crafters making their bucks on the MK-9 kits, but cancel the cost of buying the slot and mod extraction please. Or at least reduce it substantially.

if you take the purchase of augment slot kits out of the equation, changing one's appearance is not as expensive as you think:

• there are seven armor appearance slots: head, chest, belt, legs, boots, bracers, gloves.
  • Five of those have four item modifications and two have three.
  • Assuming a high end cost of 10k per item mod rip it costs 260,000 to clear a set of gear
  • now add 252000 to add augment slot kits to the new gear (7*36,000 for MK-9 slot kits)

You are talking a little over half a million credits to completely alter one's armor appearance. It's the slot kits that bring the cost up to a million (an average cost of 68k per MK-9 kit multiplied by the seven kits needed is 476,000 credits).

Now lets take into account that several of those armor slots do not change radically all that often. Bracers, belts and gloves are accessory pieces - slots that do not define an outfit. And a lot of the time the head slot item is hidden. So you are left with chest, legs, and boots that are most responsible for radically altering a given character's overall appearance. That cuts the cost of "re-outfitting and re-augmenting" a character (for the sake of appearance), including slot kits to, 324,000 credits (3 pieces * 4 mod slots * 10k per rip out = 120,000 + avg 68k * 3 augment slot kits = 324,000 credits).

Yes, there are sets of gear that are best suited when you go for the "whole package" (all seven slots), but those are few. On most of my characters I only really concern myself with the chest piece (On one character I still have the rakata head piece because it's been cheaper to rip out three mods from a new head piece than to re-augment).

And just as an FYI, they did reduce the fees to rip out mods some time ago. At one point it cost 10k to rip out mid level mods.

Oh I realize you don't always change a complete outfit. I'm just trying to give Bioware more of my cash.

I was around when the mod ripping was even more crazy.

My only point was that I would feed the Cartel Market more if to me it wasn't as cost prohibitive.