HM Dread Fortress Dread Master Brontes Question.

We smoothly work through the fight until we get to phase 5. Phase with 6 fingers, we are getting covered with debuffs, the healing is insane and we die. We have tried multiple strategies and each time, we die simply after a few seconds of it going out. I have watched several videos were the players DO NOT, receive a debuff. What is going on, any help would be appreciated slamming out heads against this phase when we role over the other phases, even easier than in the videos is killing us?

Any help would be appreciated.

That phase requires one person to stand on each finger so that the fingers are not putting out debuffs (in 8m that means 1 dps on each of the 4 outside ones and a healer on each middle one).

-DPS should all focus one at a time if you have all ranged, or have your ranged assist melee. Getting one finger down and moving on to the next will significantly cut the damage output during that phase.

-Tanks should be using the slam attack from the Hands of Brontes to kill any incoming energy orbs. Make sure the orbs are squarely inside the telegraphed slam, as a single missed orb can mean a death.

Hopefully fixing your positioning and those two things should help you bring it down, good luck!

Edited by Holdt

That phase requires one person to stand on each finger so that the fingers are not putting out debuffs (in 8m that means 1 dps on each of the 4 outside ones and a healer on each middle one).

-DPS should all focus one at a time if you have all ranged, or have your ranged assist melee. Getting one finger down and moving on to the next will significantly cut the damage output during that phase.

-Tanks should be using the slam attack from the Hands of Brontes to kill any incoming energy orbs. Make sure the orbs are squarely inside the telegraphed slam, as a single missed orb can mean a death.

Hopefully fixing your positioning and those two things should help you bring it down, good luck!

Are you saying it is someone not on a finger, that causes the debuff to go out? I mean we are doing exactly as you are saying, exactly the same. We have also attempted variations of this.

I mean, if it is indeed the case, that someone not on their finger, causes the debuff to go out. It just makes no sense, we have 6 people on the fingers, we burn down the melee dps's finger and move to the next one. I just can't see that what we are doing is in anyway different to videos and such I have watched. It seems like we are getting huge amounts of the debuff for no reason what so ever.